Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 21 Touring and when we tried to program the garage opener it didnt work. When we first tried the indicator lights(green) turned on but the link didnt take. We tried resetting the mirror and since that point none of the indicator lights turn on.

Wondering if anyone experience this issue and what they did?

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
690 Posts
Do you know how many remotes your garage door opener's memory can hold? Mine holds a max of 5 and needs to be cleared before anything new can be added. Before adding the Ascent, I cleared the opener's memory and everything went fine. Then I had to decide which four cars and remotes can get added back.

Follow the owners manual carefully and it should program.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just bought a 21 Touring and when we tried to program the garage opener it didnt work. When we first tried the indicator lights(green) turned on but the link didnt take. We tried resetting the mirror and since that point none of the indicator lights turn on.

Wondering if anyone experience this issue and what they did?
I reprogrammed the little mini remote for the garage door opener and then used that to teach my '21 Touring. Once I did that, it worked fine for both doors.

·
Administrator
483 Posts
On my `19 OB with mirror link. It took me a good 30-40 minutes of finagling between the hand held remote, mirror, and the actual opener.

It took quite a few repetitions after reading the manual multiple times to determine what was going to work for my opener.

Right about the time I was going to give up for the day, everything clicked...

C.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts