Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
my garage door opener and keyless pad sometimes does not work when i program my homelink. anybody here have encountered that? any recommendation how to fix it?
thanks

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've had the same problem. My garage door is finicky and doesn't always open on the first press, or even the second. Sometimes I have to use my old fashioned remote!

I've tried reprogramming it to no avail.

Chamberlain Liftmaster here as well.

Ironically the programming worked fine on my girlfriend's garage door, which is also a Chamberlain.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Have either of you retrofitted LED light bulbs into your garage door openers? I have found out that some brands will interfere with the garage door and can block the remote signal. Some bulbs do not interfere. I found a list of non-interfering bulbs somewhere on the internet. I got a set and have not had range/interference issues since.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi
yup just got my problem solve earlier doing searches and youtube. i did install led light in my garage door opener few months ago.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yep, LED lights too.... may be the issue!

Will remove and test.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have either of you retrofitted LED light bulbs into your garage door openers? I have found out that some brands will interfere with the garage door and can block the remote signal. Some bulbs do not interfere. I found a list of non-interfering bulbs somewhere on the internet. I got a set and have not had range/interference issues since.
Good info. As bulbs need replacing I've been going to LED, but have yet to replace the opener bulbs. Knowing this will save me the headache of troubleshooting should it start acting up when replaced.

·
Registered
691 Posts
+ 1 on LED light bulbs... can interfere with the garage door and can block the remote signal.

i have 3 MyQ Chamberlain/Liftmaster , not only range is well over 150ft , but it also got 2 way communication and showing on the mirror if doors going up or down or stop midway

P.S.
2 way communication looks to be limited to ~75ft

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
+ 1 on LED light bulbs... can interfere with the garage door and can block the remote signal.

i have 3 MyQ Chamberlain/Liftmaster , not only range is well over 150ft , but it also got 2 way communication and showing on the mirror if doors going up or down or stop midway

P.S.
2 way communication looks to be limited to ~75ft
When I use the MyQ app, there's obviously 2-way communication. Does that mean I have 2-way communication on my mirror as well (I have the Homelink mirror)? I only notice the little house icon light up when I open or shut the door. I'll have to see if it gives any confirmation of the door actually closing.

Edit: found the video that explains this. I still have to see if my mirror is fully set up for this. However, the myQ app is accessible anywhere in the world and kind of negates the utility of having two-way comm in the mirror itself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi
my garage door opener and keyless pad sometimes does not work when i program my homelink. anybody here have encountered that? any recommendation how to fix it?
thanks
I have a 2019 forester with homelink, and a lift master garage door opener. I have programmed the homelink and it operates well for about 2 weeks, then needs to be reprogrammed. Has anyone had the same problem, and if so, how can it be remedie?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts