Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When not drooling over the Ascent what do enjoy doing in your free time?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Free Time? Hahah.

I start similar threads on the outback forum.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/23-village/226873-weird-stuff-your-spare-time.html

But seriously, I try to be the best father that I can. I do things with little B. I do things with my hands. I build 1/24 scale models. I work with urethane rubbers. I fabricate aftermarket automotive parts for family cars. I used to really enjoy backcountry skiing and ice-climbing when I lived closer to easier access and I was younger. Now that have a have a daughter I spend less time on the sharp end of the lead ice rope and kicking off slabs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I also am a dad so that takes up the majority of my free time.

When I can, I repair and modify retro game consoles (Nintendo, Sega, etc.). It's an unusual case where a hobby can actually bring IN some money. Lately I've gotten into drone flying which has the opposite financial performance :)

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Mountain biking and videogames :grin:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Helping my wife take care of the kids (when I get home from work - second job LOL).
After they are asleep, then it's video games, doing stuff to the car, or custom lightsaber building.
Before the kids, we used to go on vacation more, and I enjoyed scuba diving and fishing.

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here's some of my work. What you're seeing in the pictures:

1. Composite-Modded Nintendo NES Top Loader: these were RF only when they were sold new so this adds a higher quality composite connection (red, white, yellow)
2. McWill Modded Sega Game Gear: The LCD screen is replaced with a modern unit; allowing you to actually see what you're doing
3. Backlight Modded Gameboy Advance: This is the screen from the later back lit model grafted into the more comfortable original model.

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
What's a hobby?
I guess I play Minecraft with the kids and drink scotch?

Reactions: TSiWRX

·
Registered
646 Posts
^ OMG, and I thought I'm the worst parent ever for drinking coffee with my teenager!

Just kidding. ;)
Hey man, I keep them to a 2 drink minimum so it's all good.

Reactions: TSiWRX
1 - 20 of 22 Posts