Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I had the towing package installed by the dealership, I thought storing the hitch in the under floor storage compartment would be a great idea. That lasted about one turn. I made the corner and the hitch went flying to the other side of the compartment. So, I made a form fitting foam liner to hold the hitch and not bang the heck out of the plastic in the compartment.

It's a first hack so it's a bit rough around the edges but it works.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,851 Posts
Yes, a ball mount and ball that's unencumbered in the storage compartment, just like almost anything else, would be at a minimum, annoying and at most damaging. While wrapping it in a towel is super simple, your solution is "more organized" and something I'll probably do once I have my Ascent and have to stuff all my, um...stuff...that's in boxes from my Grand Cherokee waiting the new ride. I do keep my ball mount in the vehicle along with a few other things, like a shackle for recovery, etc. I'm thinking about using HDU (sign foam) and my CNC to do a custom fitted insert for this...interesting project for someone who's anal like I am. LOL Nice job on your storage solution!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,851 Posts
Good idea on the drawer liner. If your insert moves around, it kinda defeats the purpose, at least partially.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts