Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have a receiver, I'm looking for a hitch mounted flag holder and pole. Would like to fly an American or back the blue flag. Probably not at highway speeds, more for parades and events. Any suggestions; brands, places to buy, etc. Amazon has many choices but I don't know one from the other.

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,985 Posts
I can't say I've ever seen anything like that, but conceivably you could use a cheap ball mount to hold a flag.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Now that I have a receiver, I'm looking for a hitch mounted flag holder and pole. Would like to fly an American or back the blue flag. Probably not at highway speeds, more for parades and events. Any suggestions; brands, places to buy, etc. Amazon has many choices but I don't know one from the other.

Thanks
I would say any of these holders would work well for what you describe. You definately want a strong pole and will want two set screw points if not actual penetration through the pole itself. Make sure the flag / pole connection is not flimsy. I have had mulitple flag poles brackets break that were mounted on my house exterior wall. The longer the tube the more secure and the less chance the pole will break and you definately want the triangulation plate.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Once you’ve used it, please report back on gas mileage!
I put some of those small window mounted American flags on my Ascent around 4th of July and I swear I could feel the drag
as many individuals who work with the courts can attest, expectations plays a large role in one's reality.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once you’ve used it, please report back on gas mileage!
I put some of those small window mounted American flags on my Ascent around 4th of July and I swear I could feel the drag
I have a flag on my car all the time. Attached to roof rack. The hitch one would only be used for parades or special events. All low speed driving, no change in gas mileage I'm sure.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,985 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts
There will be NO political discussion in this forum, including in the Off Topic section.

I have deleted any such commentary above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts