Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up the OEM hitch from Subaru and went to install it, but we seem to be missing pieces. We're missing the cover plates. Is this something they cut out of the kits?

·
Super Moderator
2,576 Posts
Is it piece K in this diagram you’re referring to?
I’m not aware of any changes removing those pieces. If your directions refer to the pieces that are missing then unfortunately I’d recommend contacting Subaru for a replacement.

Edit: these directions are for an older revision so slight changes such as including the drop hitch are expected
Text Diagram Line art Design Parallel

·
Super Moderator
2,576 Posts
Thanks for that update! I stand corrected on the revisions and I’m glad to hear you’ll be able to actually install your hitch.

I’m wondering now if those plates are now just part of another redesigned part instead of separate...

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,180 Posts
If you mean the bumper cover...I suspect you only need the turnbuckles to make the existing one removable...

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Yes, Part K was pretty much cosmetic and served no purpose, so, it was discontinued from the kits, and certain instructions don't account for that. Sorry I just caught this now, and glad you got an answer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, Part K was pretty much cosmetic and served no purpose, so, it was discontinued from the kits, and certain instructions don't account for that. Sorry I just caught this now, and glad you got an answer.
Thanks, Robert! I thought about PMing you on FB, but our dealership was very helpful in finding the answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts