Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this is listed somewhere but I am having troubles locating the information. I am wondering what the hip width is in the 3rd row? I am researching new car seats and this is valuable information. Thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have looked at all the info and dimensions I can find, and I agree with you. This number doesn't seem to exists. Hopefully someone else has better luck. You may need a hands on measurement at an auto show or in May when test drive vehicles arrive at the dealerships. My personal opinion from sitting in the third row is that its a bit tight. Don't know what arrangement your trying to pull off. First keep in mind that the third row only has 1 set of LATCH if that matters. Two booster type seats I think would fit. A booster and an infant seat..eehhhhh maybe, probably. Hope this helps, at least a little.

·
Registered
597 Posts
When I looked at one I had two adults in the back and could have fit a kid (under 12) in the middle. It would have been tight but doable. Three kids should be no problem but if you add in car seats then I would say two would be max the seat is just not wide enough to have three with booster seats I think.

·
Read Only
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I looked at one I had two adults in the back and could have fit a kid (under 12) in the middle. It would have been tight but doable. Three kids should be no problem but if you add in car seats then I would say two would be max the seat is just not wide enough to have three with booster seats I think.
We don't need it as a permanent 3 car seat area, just when grandparents visit. I haven't used the lower LATCH anchors in years as my kids exceed the weight limit so that doesn't bother me. I think I will throw a tape measure in my purse for the auto show and find out myself. Thanks!

·
Registered
978 Posts
I recall the 3rd row hip was around 45-47ish inches and the Shoulder was 57. The 3rd row per my numbers is a 2kid full on typical 13inch wide car seat. We are using borrowed inflatable booster seats on our trip they pack small for flights those are much narrower which case easily a 3seater with narrow booster seats ie older children 40inches tall or more.

Our typical 5+ seating in our Sequoia was older Child 3rd row passenger side then 2-3 on 2nd row with half the 3rd row down for luggage or the dog crate etc.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I recall the 3rd row hip was around 45-47ish inches and the Shoulder was 57.
Spec sheet I have shows shoulder room for the 3rd row at 57.2 inches, shoulder room 2nd row is 60.3 inches. It also says that cargo width between wheel housings is 45.9 inches, so that would also basically be the hip room of the third row.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts