Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve searched the forums but haven’t found a way to turn these weather notices off. Im in SoCal and am getting a notice about 10 times a day. There’s no way to clear the screen besides hitting “ok” button. Very annoying- any help?!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not that I know of. I don't need the car to tell me -- it's pretty easy to see that the trees are getting tossed around, and my electricity is out. Thank goodness I don't have an EV car.

SoCal utility companies have blame-avoidance power outages in great density across the map today and tomorrow. Their agenda for alternative energy vehicles is getting shredded by their CYA b.s., scoring big points for internal combustion engines! "Our carbon-belching cars run even when the wind is blowing."

But I digress. Nope, no idea how to silence the car warning.

F.S.

·
Administrator
11,121 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,586 Posts
I’m pretty sure their CYA attitude was spurned by pge getting sued after the camp fire. They literally can’t afford full keep the power on.
but anyway I’m still glad I don’t get those weather warnings!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Not that I know of. I don't need the car to tell me -- it's pretty easy to see that the trees are getting tossed around, and my electricity is out. Thank goodness I don't have an EV car.

SoCal utility companies have blame-avoidance power outages in great density across the map today and tomorrow. Their agenda for alternative energy vehicles is getting shredded by their CYA b.s., scoring big points for internal combustion engines! "Our carbon-belching cars run even when the wind is blowing."

But I digress. Nope, no idea how to silence the car warning.

F.S.
At least the warning is not a climate change alert - duck and cover.:devilish:

·
Registered
424 Posts
I’m pretty sure their CYA attitude was spurned by pge getting sued after the camp fire. They literally can’t afford full keep the power on.
but anyway I’m still glad I don’t get those weather warnings!
And a good lawsuit it is. Caused by PG&E's incompetence at managing the trees around its power lines. A tall task yes, but their responsibility nevertheless. And subsidized by our tax dollars, by a state government that pushed the company to spend on other priorities while never providing the oversight (as would be prudent in subsidized, regulated monopolies) to guarantee that basic responsibilities were met.

This is like my highschooler having a mental un-gritting at school, calling me to sign for her to leave the school grounds, and then blaming me for her unexcused absence when I refused to sign it.

Well, sort of. Anyway, PG&E started the ball rolling on this one, years ago.

F.S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts