Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually joined about a month ago, but have been lurking in the forums for many months trying to get a feel for what others think about the Ascent. I'm in the market for a new vehicle and really wanted an AWD. I also wanted a SUV for more room & height (especially when the wife says you need a new car because it's hard get out of the back seat when she sits back there!). I was seriously considering an Outback when I saw some info about the then-unnamed Ascent. In the meantime a friend bought a Highlander XL AWD & I liked it--nice room, nice features & good acceleration. When the details about the Ascent came out I knew I would have a tough decision.

I recently contacted a local Subaru dealer about my interest in the Ascent. Just a few days ago they contacted me that they would have an Ascent to view this Thursday, Friday & Saturday. So yesterday I drove over and gave the 10x over. It was a Limited w/O23. WOW! Fit & finish were beautiful. Great sound system; good room. A little disappointed in the room behind the 3rd row seats. Couldn't drive it unfortunately. But the Sales Manager told me he & others did get a chance to drive one and said they "beat on it." He said he was extremely close to buying a Highlander but after driving the Ascent he changed his mind. He made some comments about the engineers fine tuning the turbo and the AWD drive split (making it closer to 50/50). Since I had never driven an CVT vehicle he also let me take out an Outback for test drive. Very impressed with the smoothness.

All of which is just a long-winded way of saying I'm glad to be a member & I plunked down my payment on a pre-order!:smile:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome, and congrats!

·
Registered
357 Posts
welcome and congrats on the pre order, now you will be like the rest of us and just wait wait wait

Reactions: Argent55
1 - 4 of 4 Posts