Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Welcome

I am not an Ascent owner, but I am a long time Subaru Enthusiast.

That's all I got. Except .... What does this mean " &#x1f642" I'm 50, bear with me. I see posts like this all the time, what does this mean? I am confused. In context, it does not always fit as a swear word. Am I missing something? Help an old guy out.

BTW, welcome

·
Registered
26 Posts
It is the html-escape code for an emoticon: Slightly Smiling Face, or Slightly Happy, or This is Fine.

It appears that the Ascent Forum system software doesn't know what to do with it.

This website has examples of what it can look like. https://emojipedia.org/slightly-smiling-face/

I've attached an screen capture of the emoticon from that website.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new Ascent!

Trail', I suspect that the code is from "mobile" posted emoticons which may not translate properly to the forum software. Not everything has caught up with the mobile world in that respect.

Reactions: traildogck

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Got my Ascent last Saturday, our second Subaru after buying a Crosstrek at the end of December. Love them both so far, but obviously stuck in the boring 1k break in period still.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new Ascent!

Trail', I suspect that the code is from "mobile" posted emoticons which may not translate properly to the forum software. Not everything has caught up with the mobile world in that respect.
Ok then, I think that would explain it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.