Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
My name is John and I just picked up my 2019 Ascent on Friday. It's my third Subaru and it's made waiting the more than two years for it completely worthwhile - what an amazing car!!! I traded in a 2011 Outback for the Ascent and my wife is still driving a 2014 Impreza. I love everything about Subarus - the quality, the AWD, the tech and even the whole brand lifestyle thing. They're great cars and I'm so happy they created the Ascent so I wouldn't have to switch as my family gets bigger. Glad to be hear and share stories and knowledge. Thanks.
John

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey calimomofboys, I'm in Dayton, OH. I ordered my Limited back in February and was expecting it in July but got the happy call last Thursday and picked her up on Friday. I'm not a car guy by any means, but I watched the live release of the Ascent on my iPhone in the middle of a Kroger supermarket at like 9 pm when it happened, so excited and thinking what the **** is wrong with me? Ha ha ha. I've been following the Ascent for at least two years now and it does not disappoint. Feels much lighter (driving wise) than my 2011 Outback even though it weights almost 1,000 pounds more. REALLY low CG with little to no body roll on on/off ramps. Can't get on the accelerator until after the first 1,000 miles but it accelerates nicely even when babying it. So. Much. Room! My wife, three kids and I were outgrowing the Outback and was so sad that we were going to have to go elsewhere. Thanks goodness the Tribeca was such a wreak because Subaru really made a point to get this thing right. Figured out the seat extension today, so cool! I have long legs so it actually was more comfortable and is going to be great for long trips. The 5,000 lb towing limit means I can rent an actual camper now! Getting a trailer for our canoe (won't get out my garage with it on top now and not looking to scratch her up like I did the Outback) and looking forward to getting a dual hitch so I can pull the trailer AND our bike rack. Awesome car! The wait is worth it :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
In Ohio as well. What dealer did you work with, and what kind of price did you get it for?
If you are looking to preorder, on my research found out Neil Huffman in Louiville, KY is giving Invoice prices. i don't think it's too far from Dayton and not sure about the prices now, but give it a try.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In Ohio as well. What dealer did you work with, and what kind of price did you get it for?
I went through Will at Wagner Subaru. I got $1000 off MSRP but he said they were reducing that to $500 below MSRP for everyone else. I preordered in Feb. It's a hot, new car that they are having no issues getting demand for and I've been watching it over the past two years, so I was fine with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts