Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
5,271 Posts
Our grandchild dropped something that slid between and then under the 3rd row left-hand (1/3 size) seat. Can anyone tell me how to lift that seat bottom to retrieve it?

Many thx!
View attachment 19776
it has been a long time since I removed my seats, but as I recall you will have to pry those plastic covers off to reveal the bolts. Use a socket (I can not recall what size) to remove the bolts and lift the seat out. Are you certain you can not use gripers or if the items is magnetic use a magnet on a stick.

something like this. They even have them with lights built into them.

You can also use (if you have access to one) a video scope which will assist you in locating it.

Amazon has less expensive scopes.

· Administrator
13,264 Posts
The seats rise and sink depending on how much the seat backs are tilted back. Play with seat back tilt to get more space between the seat and the seat deck.

To lift them, if the boroscope idea doesn't get you a good visual, you would need to take out the bolts that hold it, front and back. That's not too tough. A vacuum and a slim crevice tool may also work to extract whatever it is. I toss an empty new bag in the vacuum if it's a bagged vac, then cut the back open once I've gotten the object into the vac.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts