Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I need your help. Someone in this forum had pulled off their roof rails for some mod or install, and I cannot find the post. I am trying to permanently mount a "PL259" (SO239 actually) connector through the side of my roof rails in a non-structural area.

I am looking for tips on how to pull the headliner and a roof rail so I can get the cord through the roof, and out the side of the roof rail's non structural area casing. I use a big triple magnet antenna mount when I do run with my CB (which is only for long, group charity drives and off road adventures), that way I can simply screw the PL259 from the mag mount to the plug sticking out of the roof rail, and then remove it when I am not using it.

The SO239 end will stick out of the side of the roof rail, towards the center of the car, behind the moonroof. The PL239 end will be routed through the roof, under the headliner and down the A-pillar to the remote CB unit's SO239 plug.

CB Bulkhead adapter and cable:

Remote CB electronics, all controls and display on "mic". The "base" gets buried behind the dash someplace.

Triple Mag Mount (I will be shortening the cable and sticking another end on it):

·
Super Moderator
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
335 Posts
I also run a CB in my truck that is all in the mic version. I mount my radio under the seat and the mic is in the center console. The mic sits in the cup holder when in use and put away in the center console when not in use. I powered the radio tapping into the seat power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts