Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am in need of a front Subaru Ascent emblem. Does anyone know of any way of getting one of them without having to buy the whole grille? Currently, the public facing parts site shows it as one unit.

Once I get one, I will show you what my plans are for it (if my idea works). :tango_face_wink:

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope... BUT...

Nope, not at all. Though, I already own a set of their emblem overlays for the Ascent, and I love them. They're great quality stuff.

I'll spill the beans now, I guess. I don't like the tiny little Subaru emblem on the back, and, the front Ascent emblem is the biggest I've ever seen. Not just that, but, the chromed part is tall enough that I can cut it to match the contour of the back trim area to put it over the tiny thing on the back of the Ascent.

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL I thought you were going to do the lighted emblem mod... (or at least I'd give it a go if I had a spare front emblem to play around with).
Hmmm... I don't see why I can't do both. ? ?

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still no luck. ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I know it probably wont be the same size size, but have you considered looking for one of the emblems off the sport grilles for the Outback or Forester?

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know it probably wont be the same size size, but have you considered looking for one of the emblems off the sport grilles for the Outback or Forester?
Alas, I did. But, I need both the size and the tall chromed stand off of the Ascent one so I can cut it to form fit over the chrome trim stripe on the Ascent.

There's another model that had a big one, but I can't find it. Or maybe it was something aftermarket I'd seen.

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!

Not sure what your price range is but I ran across this on eBay

Https://ebay.us/alo2Js
Tempting. I have another on my list as well (used, $120). Worst case scenario, if I manage a few extra hours so I can "justify" wasting a lot of extra money to get a $30 emblem, I will probably do it. Not that I am kidding myself with the fake justifications to spend silly amounts of money on my Ascent, but it makes me feel a little better for a few minutes, lol! :grin:

Thanks for sharing the link! I may end up getting this one, then trying to resell the brand new grille without it to recoup some of my money.

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow!!!

Not sure what your price range is but I ran across this on eBay

Https://ebay.us/alo2Js
Tempting. I have another on my list as well (used, $120). Worst case scenario, if I manage a few extra hours so I can "justify" wasting a lot of extra money to get a $30 emblem, I will probably do it. Not that I am kidding myself with the fake justifications to spend silly amounts of money on my Ascent, but it makes me feel a little better for a few minutes, lol! :grin:

Thanks for sharing the link! I may end up getting this one, then trying to resell the brand new grille without it to recoup some of my money.
Wow, remember that used one I was mentioning I was considering buying? The guy is trying to sell it as new now. :sad:

Here's the used one that "sold":
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-Asc...m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks an awful lot like the same grill! I mean it could be possible that he came across a new one after selling the used one?
It could be, and got lazy and used the same pic. Same seller, one auction ended, the other started. Anyway, I messaged him. If I go that route, I'd prefer a new one so I have something pristine to sell.

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good suggestion!

Could you find a front grille from a side-impact salvage website, like LHQ? Maybe you can get it cheap.
Thanks! Will try that!

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh yeah, just mainly for the Emblem too - was thinking of the lighted emblem mod. Don't need the grille per se... wish we had more options though.
Shouldn't there be a part number for the front emblem lurking somewhere in the books??
-C
Not that I have found yet. :plain:

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So far, none of the scrap yards I've tried want to sell one separately. I guess I need to find one that has an Ascent with a smashed front end where the emblem survived.

I did some measuring, and it seems the next largest (from another model Subie) is 6" edge to edge. The Ascent is 7" from emblem edge to emblem edge, and about 7.5" across the chrome ring.

I'll let everyone know if I find a source, and would appreciate if you all do the same.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts