Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I joined the forum a few days back and thought I should post a hello. I'm a first-time Subaru driver after trading up from three previous Kia's. I enjoyed my Kia Sorento, but really need something that doesn't slide all over the place in the Massachusetts snow. Hopefully, this will fit the bill. I have had the car just over a week and I am happy with my decision to switch over so far.

Todd

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
Subarus and Snow

Hello,

I joined the forum a few days back and thought I should post a hello. I'm a first-time Subaru driver after trading up from three previous Kia's. I enjoyed my Kia Sorento, but really need something that doesn't slide all over the place in the Massachusetts snow. Hopefully, this will fit the bill. I have had the car just over a week and I am happy with my decision to switch over so far.

Todd

You'll soooo love it in the snow. Besides being ridiculously capable, it's ridiculously fun in the snow. I've never seen a more capable snow car than a Subaru. You've gotta go really big to come close or beat it.

As a matter of fact, when other cars get stuck, it's fun having a Subie and coming to the rescue! :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll soooo love it in the snow. Besides being ridiculously capable, it's ridiculously fun in the snow. I've never seen a more capable snow car than a Subaru. You've gotta go really big to come close or beat it.
Thanks! I am definitely excited to have better handling in the snow.

Yeah, if I can just make it up the driveway without having to trudge through the snow to put down sand I will be very happy. An Outback seems to just drive right up while my Sorento would start sliding backward a 1/3 of the way up. Fingers crossed!!!

·
Administrator
11,089 Posts
Thanks! I am definitely excited to have better handling in the snow.

Yeah, if I can just make it up the driveway without having to trudge through the snow to put down sand I will be very happy. An Outback seems to just drive right up while my Sorento would start sliding backward a 1/3 of the way up. Fingers crossed!!!
As a former Outback owner (2010 Outback Premium 6MT), I'd say the Ascent will meet it in all metrics, except for the ones where the added power helps it beat the Outback. So, it's win-win, lol!

I used to do stuff like this all the time for pics, or just because I could. Snowy hills that ate many other cars were also no issue:

These roads are packed snow over ice. At the 45s mark, you will see our Subies make it up a steep packed snow over ice covered hill, and then pull over at the 1m mark. The RWD BRZ couldn't make it and slid back down that hill. We had to tow it up with one of the STIs, lol!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.