Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Touring
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Subaru a few days ago (2021 Ascent Touring). To say I love it is an understatement. I was really hesitant about going from a high horsepower Dodge Durango to a 4-cylinder, and I wasn't sure about the CVT, but all my concerns were unfounded. The turbo gives this car plenty of pep, and it is very fun to drive.

I wish I hadn't waited so long in my life to get a Subaru!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I myself, went from a Dakota w/318 v8, and the trailer tow package, and even pulling a trailer, I've plenty of power and 2x the gas mileage from the Dakota.

Reactions: JP1

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent
51 Posts
I just got my first Subaru, an Ascent, last month, after having had 2 Chevy Traverses. I always admired the boxer engine in many vehicles over the years but the Subarus were too small for me. I actually only found out about the Ascent six weeks ago. I must have been seeing them these last two years, thinking they were another brand of vehicle. LOL

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,844 Posts
was really hesitant about going from a high horsepower Dodge Durango to a 4-cylinder, and I wasn't sure about the CVT, but all my concerns were unfounded. The turbo gives this car plenty of pep, and it is very fun to drive.
I made the same transition from a 5.7 Hemi Grand Cherokee (Durango is the same vehicle stretched 5") to the Ascent with the same experience. No worries. the 2.4T puts out pretty impressively when you nail the skinny pedal. (Something I rarely do, however)

Reactions: JP1

·
Administrator
778 Posts
Welcome to the forums @JP1,

You'll find a lot of useful information here... Especially our towing sub-forum.

C.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Touring
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Glad I found the place . . .

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Touring
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got my first Subaru, an Ascent, last month, after having had 2 Chevy Traverses. I always admired the boxer engine in many vehicles over the years but the Subarus were too small for me. I actually only found out about the Ascent six weeks ago. I must have been seeing them these last two years, thinking they were another brand of vehicle. LOL
Same story for me! I hadn't even heard of the Ascent until about a month ago when I started car shopping. I was specifically looking for a 3-row vehicle with certain features and was shopping literally every brand on cartrader. Subaru popped into my head, I typed it in and found the Ascent. Did a lot of reading/watching of online reviews and they were all glowing with only minor cons. I was blown away at the test drive and here I am!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just bought my first Subaru..... Touring in white. Waiting for delivery next week......... coming from a Minivan still nervous and excited at the same time.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
628 Posts
You should love it more than a minivan for control, especially in the winter. Minivan is as low as you can go. Even though the Ascent has lots of room, just not as much as a van.

Congrats

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Just bought my first Subaru..... Touring in white. Waiting for delivery next week......... coming from a Minivan still nervous and excited at the same time.
My minivan served my family well until an unexpected electrical fire totaled it on our way to volunteer for a full weekend fundraiser in the Colorado mountains. The main concern I had with the Town and Country was its low clearance limitations for dirt roads and winter handling (all minivan jokes aside, they are very practical). Hence we are in a 2019 Ascent Limited and it serves us well.

BTW: We made it to the fundraiser with the help of AAA (100 mile tow benefit). I had a flatbed tow us up to Copper Mountain with the dead minivan, three bikes on my tow hitch, three people and all our gear. At the end of the weekend our vehicle and all of us were towed back in the same manner.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,844 Posts
BTW: We made it to the fundraiser with the help of AAA (100 mile tow benefit). I had a flatbed tow us up to Copper Mountain with the dead minivan, three bikes on my tow hitch, three people and all our gear. At the end of the weekend our vehicle and all of us were towed back in the same manner.
That was a pretty good deal...I've been an AAA member since I started to drive, thanks to my dad. I hope my daughter continues her membership once she leaves the roost.

As an aside, we did part of a family vacation at Copper a number of years ago...in the summer. It was a pretty kewel place sans-snow and the rate was very affordable.

Reactions: Molutxo
1 - 13 of 13 Posts