Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name is Viktor and I’m a wholesale car dealer/rebuilder. At the moment my shop only works on Subaru Ascent’s. I’m from NorCal. Wife drives a white touring Ascent. And I drive a different Ascent every day. Love the brand and the car. I think they’re greatly built. The best Subaru so far.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Name is Viktor and I’m a wholesale car dealer/rebuilder. At the moment my shop only works on Subaru Ascent’s. I’m from NorCal. Wife drives a white touring Ascent. And I drive a different Ascent every day. Love the brand and the car. I think they’re greatly built. The best Subaru so far.
How can you even have enough business only working on Ascents? I thought Ascents were immune to accidents because of the safety features. Just kidding.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
It amazes me what "totals" a brand new car. The damage does not look significant. Why was is totaled? Are the uni-body welds compromised? This obviously will have a "wrecked title". My guess is all crash test rating are null-and-void. Something doesn't makes sense here.

No Gap Insurance?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I agree with @traildogck. In my state the cost of repairs needs to exceed 80% of the actual car value. That vehicle's value is worst-case 30k, that damage doesn't look more than 5 thousand for fender, bumper, hood, headlight, etc. If the airbags deployed it may add a couple thousand per airbag, but show do you get close to 30k?

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I agree with @traildogck. In my state the cost of repairs needs to exceed 80% of the actual car value. That vehicle's value is worst-case 30k, that damage doesn't look more than 5 thousand for fender, bumper, hood, headlight, etc. If the airbags deployed it may add a couple thousand per airbag, but show do you get close to 30k?
I suspect that this vehicle is not totaled in the formal definition of the word, but rather something more than very minor. I also suspect that this shop works on more than Ascents. There is no way a body shop can specialize like that and make a living (why would you limit your clients - it is not like it a classic vintage restoration business). Certainly an auto repair shop can specialize on Subaru but not only one model and definitely not one that just came out one year ago. In this instance he indicates he is a body repair shop not a mechanical repair shop. OP doesn't state his shop is a certified Subaru body shop. Sorry. no disrespect meant but - doesn't pass the smell test for me on so many levels.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts