Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
We are replacing our suburban with a Subaruban tomorrow. We are picking up a Limited 8 passenger and we are pretty excited. We replaced our Silverado with an Outback earlier in 2020. I will be looking through the forum to learn about wheels and tires, as I have seen some pretty nice looking shoes on some of your rides. we will also be looking at some cargo racks since we will have a lot less room inside.
Nice to meet you all,
Subaruban

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Congrats! And, wishing you as much fun with your upcoming Subaruban as I've had with mine!!!

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Yep!!! They're an awesome company, and were instrumental in helping figure out what the most aggressive setups were possible for the Ascent!!! I've been buying my wheels and tires from @Discount Tire for about a decade, and will continue to!

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,108 Posts
Hi, we sold our '99 after 20 years, called it the 'burban. I call our Ascent Subiburban. I like your Subaruban name too!
We are a two person one dog family so the rear seating is removed for space and camping, sleeping.
Lots of great information and people here. enjoy.
View attachment 7102
I like your cargo floor. It always bothers me going to the big box improvements stores to load up on bags of cement, rocks, mulch etc knowing that the panels under the mats are reinforced plastic. I just cut a piece of 1/2" plywood to distribute the load.
Does that hinge allow the second row to be used?
Any chance you would share the measurements for the pieces you cut?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep!!! They're an awesome company, and were instrumental in helping figure out what the most aggressive setups were possible for the Ascent!!! I've been buying my wheels and tires from @Discount Tire for about a decade, and will continue to!

View attachment 7101
Looks great. I have found lots of info on here to read and process. Currently I am considering changing to 18" Wheels. I am really thankful to all of those who have contributed to these forums. Great information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, we sold our '99 after 20 years, called it the 'burban. I call our Ascent Subiburban. I like your Subaruban name too!
We are a two person one dog family so the rear seating is removed for space and camping, sleeping.
Lots of great information and people here. enjoy.
View attachment 7102
Nicely done. We are definitely going to need a rack. We are a family of 5 and 2 trail dogs.

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
We are definitely going to need a rack.
I LOVE the Subaru branded/sold Thule rack for its aerodynamic and quieter profile, but, I currently run a ROLA rack, which is also awesome, albeit noisier and eats a bit more gas.

I'd prefer the Thule, but, it's out of my budget range.

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Yes, it matches this one... some Subaru dealerships are selling it for $40 less than REI and others are selling it.

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Thank you! Very much appreciated!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts