Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

2nd Subaru now with the Ascent. Got my black silica Touring 2 weeks ago from preorder and loving everything about it so far. I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have. Happy driving!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Another black touring on the road - nice :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where did you purchase it from? How do you like the vehicle so far? Is there anything about it you don't like or would like improved? Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you purchase it from? How do you like the vehicle so far? Is there anything about it you don't like or would like improved? Thank you!
We purchased our Ascent from Walser Subaru in Burnsville. This is the second Subaru we have purchased from them, our first being a 2016 Outback - we’ve had nothing but good experiences with Walser including having our vehicles serviced.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Ascent so far. Steering seems to be more responsive than our Outback. The ride also feels smoother and quieter than other mid-sized SUVs we’ve tried (Volkswagen Atlas, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander). There is more than enough power when accelerating or overtaking other cars on the highway - it ceratainly doesn’t feel underpowered at all considering its four cylinder. I’m getting about 20 MPG in-city driving; I haven’t had the opportunity to do any prolonged highway driving yet. Being a technology junkie, my favorite thing so far is EyeSight and Apple CarPlay. I’m new to EyeSight technology but it is very intuitive to use and only took a drive or two to get used to the features.

We’ve only tried the captain’s chairs and didn’t try the bench seating. The second row seating for the touring has plenty of leg room - it would definitely be comfortable for adults on long road trips. Depending on position of the second row, third row seating can be a little bit cramped for average sized adults for long road trips - I feel it can fit 3 children or 2 adults comfortably. Storage seems to be on par if not slightly better than other 3 row SUVs even with the third row in use.

Overall we’re very happy with our Ascent and feel like it was the best 3 row SUV for us (considering cost, safety, and standard features). We’re definitely looking forward to long road trips with our dog! If you have any other questions, I’d certainly be happy to answer them!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Congrats!!! Yay another Ascent on the road!
I'm only on my second tank of gas, but I've been averaging about 17-18 MPG (granted it's break in period and mostly stop and go city traffic).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new subie! The Atlas has been having non stop issues for a lot of new buyers, so you definitely dodged a bullet there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congrats on getting yours!

As you have a Touring, I was hoping that you could "shed some light" on the interior lighting at night. I've been unable to get good, clear answers on what sort of ambiet lighting is included from the factory. Some people say there's blue footwell lighting, some reference ambient lighting in the dash/doors, etc etc.

What does the cabin look like when you are driving around at night? Any pictures you could take would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Congrats on getting yours!

As you have a Touring, I was hoping that you could "shed some light" on the interior lighting at night. I've been unable to get good, clear answers on what sort of ambiet lighting is included from the factory. Some people say there's blue footwell lighting, some reference ambient lighting in the dash/doors, etc etc.

What does the cabin look like when you are driving around at night? Any pictures you could take would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks! As far as ambient lighting at night, it is a soft yellow light on the dash and doors which look very classy. Footwell lights are also a soft yellow light, not too bright, but definitely noticeable at night. The yellow footwell lighting is standard for the Touring; looking at the Ascent accessories booklet at the dealership, you can change the footwell lighting to a blue light. From what I can tell, you can’t change the dash/door lights to a blue light from the factory made accessories.

I will take some pictures at night for the ambient lighting and footwell lighting to give you a better idea of how it looks. I’ll post them in the next day or so.

EDIT: Here is a thread on the ambient/footwell lighting and a picture to give you a better idea of the dash/door handle lighting. I’ll post my pics too to give you better idea of the footwell lighting

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I did see that thread, but the pictures are quite underwhelming. Also, you can't see the footwell lighting at all. Is it only for the front row, or does it have lights for the rear passengers as well?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I did see that thread, but the pictures are quite underwhelming. Also, you can't see the footwell lighting at all. Is it only for the front row, or does it have lights for the rear passengers as well?
I tried to take a picture of the footwell lights in the dark and also with the cabin lights on to give you a good look at what it looks like. It’s hard to capture the lighting in the dark though

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts