Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone! Got on the waiting list in February for a White Touring Edition and brought it home June 30th. As the saga goes, my wife was rear-ended just 5 days after pulling it off the lot. Thankfully there isn't much damage as the spare tire was kind enough to keep the bumper attached when impacted. The reverse braking and a few scuffs are the end result as we wait on State Farm(their insurance) to come through.

Overall this is our 8th or 9th Subaru and we finally traded the 06 Legacy with 210,000 on the clock. We currently also have a 2017 Forester Touring.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Troy

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
Congrats and what rotten luck! I was so paranoid driving it home from Chicago - i feel like people aim for brand new cars or it at least feels that way.

As a coincidence I am in Pittsburgh right now for work. Im jealous of all your hilly, winding roads you have.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Wow! I'm so sorry! Let us know how State Farm takes care of you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far the communication from State Farm has been good, they have been dealing with my wife so this is all 3rd party at this point. However, our local Subaru dealer doesn't have a parts list and the State Farm Rep says he doesn't have anything available to him yet either.

Thankfully, it is only 2 RAB sensors(center) and the center part of the rear bumper that appears to be damaged. I have already adjusted the spare tire back into proper position.

We, and the Rep, are going to reach out to SOA for parts lists and put this behind us sooner rather than later.

Troy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts