Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2015 Forester XT that I plan(ned) to keep for a while but Ascent made me think twice...
I never though that I would consider vehicle this big, but I was surprised how much I liked Ascent. I was born and raised in Europe so I like small cars and wagons in general (not SUVs) and 2015 Forester XT is perfect size for me (I am 6'3" and have 3 kids that fit comfortably behind me).
Since Subaru dropped Forester turbo for 2019, Ascent or potential 2020 Outback turbo would be only options for me to stay with the brand. If 2020 WRX hatch happens (which I doubt) I will try to convince my wife but that may be a stretch...
There are many more expensive Euro options that I can afford but I think Subaru turbo is perfect family vehicle for 3 kids and Chicago traffic/road quality.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the community and good to hear that you're considering an Ascent. Imo the only real other comparable 3 row is the Atlas and that thing has been plagued with issues since release. Fingers crossed that Subaru can deliver a production model similar to the Viziv Tourer concept that debuted awhile back.

·
Registered
265 Posts
In Chicago also. I owned the vehicles listed in my signature and after buying the Ascent, I traded in my 17XT for a 19 Forester touring. I’ve been very happy with both vehicles now. I actually don’t miss the turbo much in the Forester.
Good luck making your decision. I’m sure you already know but I’d reach out to either Grand Subaru or Berman. They seem to be offering the best prices locally.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Stillmotion
off topic but I don't think there was 2017 XT Limited on US market, only Premium and Touring...
I am glad that 2019 Forester/Ascent works for you.
In 2014, I originally ordered XT from Grand, they had slightly better price and great reviews. "My" vehicle was delivered at their location after 2 month waiting (VIN# confirmed) and they were showing "my" vehicle to other people and for whatever reason wanted me to pickup it next week. Probably because it was only XT that they can show over the Thanksgiving Holliday weekend...
When I confronted them (over the phone) about them lying me, they just cancelled my order. They may be cheapest in Chicagoland but I (or my family and friends ) will never purchase from them.
I bought after that from Evanston. I service at Berman and they are much better in last 4 years, I would recommend them (old reviews were not great). Evanston or Berman will have my business again if I get Subaru.

·
Registered
265 Posts
@Stillmotion
off topic but I don't think there was 2017 XT Limited on US market, only Premium and Touring...
I am glad that 2019 Forester/Ascent works for you.
In 2014, I originally ordered XT from Grand, they had slightly better price and great reviews. "My" vehicle was delivered at their location after 2 month waiting (VIN# confirmed) and they were showing "my" vehicle to other people and for whatever reason wanted me to pickup it next week. Probably because it was only XT that they can show over the Thanksgiving Holliday weekend...
When I confronted them (over the phone) about them lying me, they just cancelled my order. They may be cheapest in Chicagoland but I (or my family and friends ) will never purchase from them.
I bought after that from Evanston. I service at Berman and they are much better in last 4 years, I would recommend them (old reviews were not great). Evanston or Berman will have my business again if I get Subaru.
I believe a lot of the old personnel from Berman came from Grand... this the understanding that great pricing can keep customers coming back. I will say I never experienced what you had there. I’ve bought from them 5 times and every time my vehicles had 4-8 miles on them and were parked inside near the service area with a sold sticker on them. Until I have a negative experience, I’ll continue to recommend them.

And you’re right. It was a touring. Had to go back and look at the order

2017 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Touring
Ice Silver/Black Leather
Model Code: HFN
Option Code: 33 (EyeSight + Navigation w/ Black interior)
CVT Automatic Transmission
Factory Installed Options
Exterior Dimming Mirror/Approach Lighting
Rear Bumper Cover

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.