Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 XT, 2008 & 2019 Foresters - Negotiating on a 2021 Ascent Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings from Central Massachusetts- Deep in the heart of Subaru country!

Current 2019 Forester Premium owner here, in the process of purchasing a new 2021 Ascent Premium. Looking forward to having a turbo, no auto start stop, better and quicker heat, more room (I'm 6'7") and much improved center lane keep assist! Not to mention a factory 2" receiver hitch and a 5,000 pound towing capacity and a sunroof delete. We just got back from a 5,500 mile trip during the month of January from Boston to Boulder and back, in a loaded (with gear to the brim) 2019 Forester with 2 dogs, my wife and more stuff that we needed to live for a month in Colorado. The Subaru ran great, no issues, but now it is time to terminate in the lease and either purchase the first model year 2019 Forester, or upgrade to a 2021 Ascent Premium. Decisions, decisions...Well, I went into the local dealership on Saturday to get an oil change after the trip and ended up putting a deposit down on a 2021 Ascent Premium in Abyss Blue Pearl. Between the dealer discount and the 63 month 0% financing, and the improved and desired new features, the Ascent is hard to resist....Looking forward to learning more about these super sized Subarus...and mounting, fogs lights, snow tires and Thule racks...again!

Here is a shot from our trip to Colorado at one of the first the Pony Express stops in Gothenburg, Nebraska on January 1, 2021. Highly recommend stop in the middle of Nebraska...

Cheers,
Ted

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
Hi Ted, congrats, and welcome to the forums!!!

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited
65 Posts
I'm driving around western Wyoming and so far no snow issues. I did some donuts in an empty parking lot, trying to get it to break loose. No Luck. I am expecting great things when I get into some deeper untracked snow, with the Xmode and/or turning off the VDO.

·
Registered
2004 XT, 2008 & 2019 Foresters - Negotiating on a 2021 Ascent Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Welcome to the club!

I'm 6'6" and definitely love having all the room, lol.

Enjoy!
Speaking of being tall, I sat in a loaded 2021 Outback XT Limited with leather seats and sunroof in the showroom and although it was a beautiful car, I think it has less room in the driver's seat than my 2019 Forester with a sunroof. The Premium Ascent that I am looking at does not have a sunroof, which is fine by me --> more headroom! The Ascent design seems to be inspired with key aspects taken from both the Outback and the Forester...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Speaking of being tall, I sat in a loaded 2021 Outback XT Limited with leather seats and sunroof in the showroom and although it was a beautiful car, I think it has less room in the driver's seat than my 2019 Forester with a sunroof. The Premium Ascent that I am looking at does not have a sunroof, which is fine by me --> more headroom! The Ascent design seems to be inspired with key aspects taken from both the Outback and the Forester...
hello fellow Bostonian. can i ask where you ended up purchasing? Were you able to negotiate much?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.