Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove one today. For the most part, loved everything about it. Not sure if the headrests on 3rd row are comfy enough though.
Appreciate feedback based on real usage. Thank you!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Off topic, but where do people live that car dealers are open on Sunday. Here in Illinois, all of the nearby states, and even my original home state f Alabama do not allow dealers to be open on Sunday

·
Registered
275 Posts
I test drove one today. For the most part, loved everything about it. Not sure if the headrests on 3rd row are comfy enough though.
Appreciate feedback based on real usage. Thank you!
Are you sure they were raised? By default they are recessed down so that the driver can see clearly out the back. If you try to sit with them recessed it is extremely uncomfortable. Also did you try reclining the 3rd row a little bit. Also by default it is not reclined even 1 degree past 90. So you have to from the trunk side pull it back to recline it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes, they were raised to the right height. I meant to ask, are they comfortable on 1 or 2 hour drive for passengers in 3rd row

My argument would be that I plan on only having kids in the 3rd row, and I doubt the headrest will be an issue.

On a personal note, I found it was the recline of the seat in the 3rd row that determined seat comfort to me...after the headrest was raised up of course.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was concerned with the third row as well. My two boys (8 & 9) like to sit back there (they refer to it as "First Class" - who am I to disagree?). They are exceeding uncomfortable in the stowed position and the manual says not to use them in that position. They seem to work fine in the raised position and my kids head contact them in a good spot. That said, I have let SOA know that they really need to put additional positions on those headrests like they have in the first and second so that you can fine tune them a bit more. I really don't know why they didn't. Apparently I wasn't the only one making note of that. Perhaps they have to be that high so that the angle difference between the seat and headrest is comfortable, but you can also tilt the seat a little back, so ...

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'm surprised anyone could fit with them folded down.
If you're an adult in the third row, raise them up. If it's a kid, they can be left down. And the third row, reclined, with the headrests up and in position isn't terrible. We just did a training trip in one with 5 adults, and we rotated to the third row. If you're 6'4", don't sit back there. Otherwise, you should be fine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you're an adult in the third row, raise them up. If it's a kid, they can be left down. And the third row, reclined, with the headrests up and in position isn't terrible. We just did a training trip in one with 5 adults, and we rotated to the third row. If you're 6'4", don't sit back there. Otherwise, you should be fine.
Both my 8 and 9 year olds complained immediately about the headrests when left down ... it pushed into their backs and pushed their heads forward. They're ok with them up but I would rather they were just a little lower to provide more contact area with the back of their heads (bottom edge of headrest is about at the bottom of their heads - enough to do what it's designed for, but I'd rather it be a touch lower)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm surprised anyone could fit with them folded down.
Just a joke, I was implying the seats were folded down when he tried them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.