Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my ascent last weekend. So far its great, but when I drive at night my headlights seem to be tilted down too far. They only illuminate maybe 25-30 ft in front of the vehicle. Am I just not used to the way these are set up or do they need adjusted?

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
I just picked up my ascent last weekend. So far its great, but when I drive at night my headlights seem to be tilted down too far. They only illuminate maybe 25-30 ft in front of the vehicle. Am I just not used to the way these are set up or do they need adjusted?
Hi! They should illuminate farther than that. I'd bring it in to be checked out. What trim level do you have?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
This might sound silly, but did you look at the headlights and see them on? I'm only saying this because 25-ish feet seems about the distance the DRLs can throw all by themselves (though I haven't tested that). I see people driving at dusk with only DRLs on so it seems plausible.

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
Raises hand...

This might sound silly, but did you look at the headlights and see them on? I'm only saying this because 25-ish feet seems about the distance the DRLs can throw all by themselves (though I haven't tested that). I see people driving at dusk with only DRLs on so it seems plausible.
Sheepishly raises hand. :tango_face_wink:

I used to do that in my Outback, and now, I've done it on my Ascent every time I bring it to the dealership (they turn off auto-lights after testing the lights in the multi-point check).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts