Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 6'5" I don't usually get vehicles with moonroofs.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to sit in one without the roof.

I'm curious if anyone else has and if they noticed a difference.

Thanks!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm 6'1 and have an Ascent with the Moonroof. I've driven many of them without it and there isn't much of a difference. My coworker is 6'4 and he sits just fine in both options.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm 6'4 and took a long test drive in a touring model. No issues at all on height of the roof.

Ordered one when we got back to the dealer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm 6'7" and we got a Limited without moonroof... just not a fan personally... probably due to having to pass on so many used vehicles due to headroom issues caused by them. Having said that while looking around I drove an Ascent with the moonroof and headroom was fine for me.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I sat in one without a moon roof and overall, to me, it just felt more closed in. Ours, with the moon roof feels very open and spacious.

I'm 6'2" and have plenty of head room too. And I have the seat height adjusted fairly high up.

I think, these days, moon roofs are great!

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look at the specs you loose about a inch of HR with the roof
Yep, that's why I was curious if anyone noticed. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I’m 6’4”. Most cars with moonroofs don’t work for me. I did sit in a moonroof Ascent and it wasn’t too bad. I still bought an Ascent limited without one, because I still want all the headroom I can get. Love it.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m 6’4”. Most cars with moonroofs don’t work for me. I did sit in a moonroof Ascent and it wasn’t too bad. I still bought an Ascent limited without one, because I still want all the headroom I can get. Love it.
Awesome, as did I, so that helps reaffirm the decision to not get one. Curious if you feel like you have more headroom in the 2nd row without the moonroof.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My husband sat in mine for the first long drive yesterday. No issues with headroom with the cover opened or closed. He had plenty of space. He's 6'4" and sits tall.

Reactions: FoRealz

·
Registered
9 Posts
Room

Legroom and headroom are my number 1 priority. I am 6'4" but a lot of my height is leg. According to the spec sheet the difference between moonroof and not is 1.3". I did get a chance to briefly sit in a Premier without the moonroof and had no problem with headroom. I could have used a little more legroom but didn't have a chance to adjust the seat except for all the way back. The thing that did catch my attention was that the seat seemed very narrow to me. The seats in my Envoy are not as bolstered so maybe I'm just not used to something touching my sides. I'm a big guy (230) but most of my weight is in my torso and not my bottom. Has seat comfort been an issue with anyone else?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I haven't tried the second row yet. No complaints from passengers though. I have rarely been in a car with a moonroof where I didn't have to tilt my head slightly to ride in the opening. The Ascent is high enough that I wouldn't have too. But I am often wearing a hat and that would have done me in. I also don't want the future maintenance hassle. Not to mention the safety concerns if I should show my Subie's underbelly to the world (rollover).

I am pretty even height-wise (6'4" but proportional) and I am a big guy, about 280. I have plenty of room in the Ascent. That is nice. I wanted a vehicle that would fit me without resorting to a pickup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts