Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I've got a notification that a package from PAUL'S CUSTOM AWARDS will be arriving via UPS. a 42lbs package. When I googled them it tuns out that the package should contain gifts from Subaru. The Ascent is my 3rd Subaru (technically 4th) but I've never heart about that. Today I've got another notification that another package is on the way and it also ways 42lbs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We received a Dyson Vacuum which was a 300$ last years model. Also received a battery brick, rather large one with Subaru logo on front. I figured the gifts were because we had an issue with the car that Subaru Corp had notice of.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That's sound right. I've had an issue with my previous Subaru and left a pretty honest review that was not very nice :plain:
When I bought my 16 Outback, I received the dyson, $150 gift certificate and a set of folding chairs .... no issues with vehicle.... the gifting was apparently random from SOA...

·
Registered
118 Posts
When I bought my 16 Outback, I received the dyson, $150 gift certificate and a set of folding chairs .... no issues with vehicle.... the gifting was apparently random from SOA...

That would be nice.

Reactions: rockthebeef

·
Registered
225 Posts
We received a Dyson Vacuum which was a 300$ last years model. Also received a battery brick, rather large one with Subaru logo on front. I figured the gifts were because we had an issue with the car that Subaru Corp had notice of.
Yeah I am still holding out for the Dyson Wand vacuum. I refuse to clean the house until then. Help me out Subaru :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Will I not receive any gift from SOA if my Ascent Limited without any issue ? Do I wish problem or gift ?:grin:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I've got 2 gifts that are actually identical. I've got 2 TUMI duffel bags that I received in 2 different days. I'd never heard of TUMI but it turns out that each bag cost 200+ $ not bad SOA not bad. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Because of this thread I got super excited when a random email from UPS arrived that I had an unexpected package scheduled for delivery. SOA was nice enough to send me a coffee mug and Bose speaker. I think they might’ve tapped into googles listening portal to find out what I was in need of!

·
Registered
58 Posts
they are the vendor for soa gifts. i received a coffee mug and tin of cookies.

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Is this a dealer participation thing? I don't expect to receive any free gifts and I suppose since I took delivery in August that ship has already sailed?
It’s apparently random for new buyers and interactions with Subaru customer service. I didn’t expect anything either but then the 2 gifts showed up just a few days after resolving a little issue

·
Registered
232 Posts
So I've got 2 gifts that are actually identical. I've got 2 TUMI duffel bags that I received in 2 different days. I'd never heard of TUMI but it turns out that each bag cost 200+ $ not bad SOA not bad. :)
TUMI is a well known, high end & expensive, luggage manufacturer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
1) Received hat, key chain, mug and some sort of colorful bag the first time. 2)Current model Dyson the second time and the 3rd) time another Subaru Hat. Now my wife and I have matching hats. Just lucky I guess.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1) Received hat, key chain, mug and some sort of colorful bag the first time. 2)Current model Dyson the second time and the 3rd) time another Subaru Hat. Now my wife and I have matching hats. Just lucky I guess.
Just took my 2019 Ascent (purchased in February to Autonation Subaru in Hunt Valley, MD, at the coaxing of my salesman Scott via e-mail, to come in and take advantage of a free car wash. When I had it in for service, the car wash was down that day. I asked if I get a free car wash every time I have it in for service, and he said no, I get one anytime I'm in the neighborhood and drive in!

So maybe if a Dyson vac shows up at my door, or some cool Subaru tumblers, or that TUMI thingee, then maybe I can convince my wife to trade in her 2013 Merc for a new Subie. Autonation Hunt Valley sells both!

Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
working on our third Subaru and have been very happy with service and reliability. Im not surprised by the few that have received items. I think more companies should do this to show the customers that even after the sale they are still appriciated. its nice to receive free things but not needed. I could see Subaru sending out items related to the furry friend that sits in the back as well. (y)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.