·
Registered
685 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
I am interested in putting a small lift kit in - like 1 to 1.5" as found here:

https://andersondesign-fab.com/product-category/suspension/ascent/

Just curious if anyone else has experience with lifting their Ascent yet.

Thanks in advance.
After lifting and lowering in my 20s-30s Im not sure I want to mess with hassle anymore of increase wear on CV boots, tie rod ends, ball joints, squeaks from helm joints, uniballs, and urethane bushings, etc.

Although I do bump my head on the rear hatch at max height. A 1'' lift might fix it =)

Curious to see what happens long term with a 1'' lift and proceeding accordingly.

·
Registered
685 Posts
ADF and other Conversations

I have just started a dialog with ADF. ADF refers their customers to me, if they get the "wobbles" after a lift install.

The ADF offering is (or going to be a 1.5") and generally with new vehicles, the 1.5" lift does not induce the "wobbles". A low speed (18-20mph) NVH. This "wobble" does affect aged vehicles with moderate to significant mileage. So lifting a rig with 40K miles is different than lifting one 6 months old. 50K miles and 2 years in is differnt still. This is all from past Outback, Forester, and now Crosstek data.

This means that the ADF 1.5" Ascent lift should NOT induce any unwanted low speed vibration when installed in a a new-ish car. Time will tell, however, CKE SSP still has an insert for the Ascent application if the need becomes necessary. Meaning, a lift that works when new is great. 16 months later you might develop a vibe, and need some soft support. 3 years in you need something more stout. As the CVT mount ages, it degrades. The inserts can help stave off or manage the degradation. Patrick would like to stay in contact for feedback on early installations.

That's what I know as of this evening.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'd almost be interested in like a 1.5 front and 2 rear but the wife drives is daily so i don't get a real say :(

·
Registered
561 Posts
I generally like the looks of a lifted SUV/Truck, but i'm done messing with it...too many issues down to the road to deal with on a lifted vehicle. Plus they all usually handle like garbage on the street where my Ascent will spend 99% of it's life.
If anything i'm going for 17 or 18" rims with taller skinnier tires to give it a slightly more aggressive look. I've put big fat tires on my SUVs and they also completely ruined the handling, ride and braking performance due to weight of tires and pushing the weight further outside.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
12,501 Posts
Same thoughts from me...

I generally like the looks of a lifted SUV/Truck, but i'm done messing with it...too many issues down to the road to deal with on a lifted vehicle. Plus they all usually handle like garbage on the street where my Ascent will spend 99% of it's life.
If anything i'm going for 17 or 18" rims with taller skinnier tires to give it a slightly more aggressive look. I've put big fat tires on my SUVs and they also completely ruined the handling, ride and braking performance due to weight of tires and pushing the weight further outside.
Yeah, me too. I bought the Anderson 1" kit, but it never even made it near my Ascent, much less in it. Just wasn't worth it on something so expensive with so much computer control/assist. It's sitting in my shed, where it will likely remain until I sell the kit or get rid of it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Truthfully, I have had very little interest (myself) in lifting any Subaru. Maybe some crazy MadMax project with WRX. I like to lower them if anything. When you change drive-line angles vs design, they can be issues.

I been lifting trucks for 15 years, Chevy Full-Size, Dodge Rams and Jeeps. Subaru issues are far more subtle, but they still exist when you change design parpamrters.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Plus they all usually handle like garbage on the street where my Ascent will spend 99% of it's life.
This is where the performance side of CKE SSP sway bar bushing offerings is a benefit. They don't just help with sea-sickness. The 75d are a perfect compliment to adding bigger wheels/tires and a lift. To lock down that mod, and even improve handling over that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just drove through a fjord of debris in the San Bernardino mountains. CalTrans was in front of me with a jeep and I followed his moves to get through. I really wish I had another two inches of clearance and if not, at least a skid plate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.