Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Ascent Premium
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. So despite the fact that she doesn't do this to my xterra after driving it, my wife expressed her frustrations with me changing the seat position on the driver's side and not putting it back.

But that's a tale for another time. I was wondering if anyone has added the seat memory function found on the upper trim models to their, let's say, premium trim ascents? I found the part online for the door buttons. But I was wondering if this is something that is possible on. Car that didn't have it before. We do have electric seat adjustment in the driver's seat but no memory.

I've looked it up on YouTube with no results found. And I did do a quick search here with the same results.

Thanks in advance!

Here's the part:
2015-2022 Subaru Memory Switch 83048AJ011 | OEM Parts Online

·
Administrator
12,750 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
here's what i did on my car
i got one of those school folding rulers protractor and i set my seat then measured and marked my angle of seat back, height etc chose a color and marked t the rulers i would use hole punch to create colored markers on the edge of the door/ seat her's was blue mine green so i had a visual of where my seat was that worked pretty good for YEARS till we got the ascent w memory seats. in my challenger i used blue painters tape and hole punch to creat markers on seat and door edge. and bottom of seat to door frame works great.
Tape measure Ruler Office ruler Slope Scale
Tape measure Ruler Office ruler Slope Scale

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I found the seat memory not all that accurate on our Ascent. But maybe it is because I put the seat all the way back, the seat memory would stop short by an inch or so. After a while I just quit using it for me. Same thing happens on our Chevy truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts