Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the oem guards and downloaded the instructions. The first thing it says is that they recommend using the dealer to install them. Then I see that there's a tool required to check and adjust sealant clearance before applying the guards.

Has anyone done the installation without buying the Subaru Sealant Adjustment Tool Part #: SOA801AT000 ?

Is the purpose of the tool cutting back factory installed adhesive? Can a sharp blade and steady hand do this one-time project without buying the tool?

Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I did this without using that tool but, before installation, I kind of looked the whole seals over to make sure they all had enough clearance for the door edge guards. And luckily they did.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did this without using that tool but, before installation, I kind of looked the whole seals over to make sure they all had enough clearance for the door edge guards. And luckily they did.
Unfortunately the sealant goop runs all the way to the edge of my doors so the goop either needs to be separated enough for the edge to fit under or it needs to be cut back.

Anyone else tried to install the OEM door the guards?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts