Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring (Canadian Edition) -- Ice Silver Metallic
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I won a gift card from my cellphone provider, I decided to splurge on these premium bulbs from GTR Lighting.

Now the headlights match the factory LED DRLs and factory LED fog lights -- the way it should have been.

Keep in mind these are the photos from my dashcam, so the exposure settings and colour adjustments aren't identical in the before and after comparison.

I haven't done much night driving due to the longer days of the summer. So I have only have underground parkade photos.

The hot spot is bigger and brighter -- the lights throw down a lot farther while maintaining the same beam cutoff.

The very last photo you can see the back wall is lit up by the LEDs whereas the original halogens were very faint.

Will see how well the snow melts off the housing come winter time. These GTRs are rated at about 42 watts each and I do feel a hint of warmth coming from the projectors.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Premium Blue Abyss
325 Posts
Hi, be gentle. :) How hard is it to install LED headlights? I've not done anything like that before (I do change my own bulbs in my 09 outback, front/fog and tail light bulbs). I did ask at an Autozone once and pretty much got brushed off because I'm female. If given instructions or a video I could do just about anything. And does it void any warranties? Do they last as long or longer then the oem on the Ascent?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, be gentle. :) How hard is it to install LED headlights? I've not done anything like that before (I do change my own bulbs in my 09 outback, front/fog and tail light bulbs). I did ask at an Autozone once and pretty much got brushed off because I'm female. If given instructions or a video I could do just about anything. And does it void any warranties? Do they last as long or longer then the oem on the Ascent?
You can watch Sarah explain it, it's basically the same steps if you changed bulbs before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts