Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just reached 1100 miles on my Ascent and I'm in Lake Tahoe for the week on vacation and yesterday its starts hailing out of nowhere and now my beautiful Abyss Blue Pearl has about 10+ marble size dents on the surface. You can't really see them unless your looking against light, but I'm still disappointed as its only the third week with the car. Is it worth calling my dealer to see whats up or should I either just let it go or risk taking to an auto body shop and paying $$$ for fixes that no-one but myself will ever notice?

Dented emotional and physical - J

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Ouch! Yeah, check with insurance and it should most likely be covered and then a body shop can take care of it.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
With that new of a vehicle, I certainly would get it repaired. If you trade it in down the road, you will take an enormous "hit" for any vehicle with existing hail damage.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ouch! Yeah, check with insurance and it should most likely be covered and then a body shop can take care of it.
I could be wrong, but it may fall under comprehensive. Dunno, never had to do such a claim except for vandalism/theft and broken windows etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It'll be worth repairing them to protect the integrity of the paint finish alone. Those small divots will collect moisture over time and you could start to see corrosion down the line. Fingers crossed you can get some of the repair covered under insurance.

·
Registered
978 Posts
The paintless dent guys are typically pretty good find the go to local guy. The dealers have them on rotating schedules skip the dealer just go to the source.

·
Registered
107 Posts
With that new of a vehicle, I certainly would get it repaired. If you trade it in down the road, you will take an enormous "hit" for any vehicle with existing hail damage.
I doubt this if you do it through a Subaru dealer. My Outback had scrapes and stuff all over it when I traded it in. They didn't care. Said it would've been fine if it was a lease and that was the turn in condition. They know why we buy Subies so they expect some proof of our adventures. Of course, I'm fortunate enough to have a great dealership who is fully into the Subie brand and what it stands for. There's another in the area who are a bunch of tools. So, YMMV.

·
Registered
965 Posts
about 10+ marble size dents on the surface.
File the insurance claim, should be covered under your comprehensive, so you'll pay whatever that deductible is. Your dealer won't do anything with it, this would be handled through either a collision center or your favorite body shop. It MIGHT be possible to pop them out using the freezing / vacuum system, but maybe not. I just had 6 small dents on my Forester that ended up getting me a check for $700, because you're probably looking at dropping part of the headliner for the PDR guys to get their tools on the bottom.

And while nature provided aerodynamics tend to be a way of life here in Oklahoma, they also automatically disqualify your car for the Subaru GTP program if not repaired properly. You're also looking at paint stretching, too, which can over time make the paint flake and fall off if not repaired as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for your advice - I will film a claim and hopefully get everything looking like brand new again. I now can't NOT see every dent when I look at my Ascent and it drives me crazy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.