Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering trading in my 2020 Ascent for a 2023 due to very high GTP value. There's one coming in in November that is not the color or the options I want. There's another one scheduled for December delivery which does tick all of the boxes. The dealer said that GTP can't be locked down until the new car is delivered to me, but I'm worried about a potential decrease in GTP value now that the 2023s are arriving. Does anyone have any insight into finding out either what the GTP value will be next month or a way to lock down the November value while waiting on a delivery in a future month? For reference, my GTP was the same from March through August before dropping about $1k (but remaining consistent) in September through November.

Sorry if this is a repeat question, I tried searching but could not find any recent or relevant discussion on the GTP program. This was surprising to me as GTP seems to be $4-5k above market price right now.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The GTP value at the local Subaru dealer will not be much different than offers you can get from the usual suspects - CarMax, EchoPark, Carvana, etc. If you are happy with the GTP offered, then take it and don't look back. It's basically a marketing scheme to get you back into the dealership to purchase another Subaru.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ordered a 2023 Ascent Touring on Sept 15th with an estimated delivery of November. Dealer offered $27,000 trade-in on my 2019 Ascent Touring; GTP in Sept was $31,875 so I turned down their trade-in offer and opted to apply GTP when the car arrived. My current Guaranteed value is $30,375, so I am still way ahead of the game. The new Ascent was delivered to the dealer yesterday and I expect to pick it up sometime later this week. My WAG is that the GTP will drop another $500 in December.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks JFR. I can live with $500 to get the color and options that I want. I am worried it will drop several thousand now that the 2023s are being delivered but maybe I'll take my chances. My GTP is way higher than even the highest KBB private sale execellent condition car (approx $4k higher) so I'm definitely going with GTP! Sparkland, not sure your assessment of GTP is accurate. It seems way higher than I could get from a third-party sale, let alone the companies you mention. Seems like there are a lot of things that can knock your vehicle out of qualification though so I'm glad my dealer went through the checklist to make sure my car actually qualifies.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Thanks JFR. I can live with $500 to get the color and options that I want. I am worried it will drop several thousand now that the 2023s are being delivered but maybe I'll take my chances. My GTP is way higher than even the highest KBB private sale execellent condition car (approx $4k higher) so I'm definitely going with GTP! Sparkland, not sure your assessment of GTP is accurate. It seems way higher than I could get from a third-party sale, let alone the companies you mention. Seems like there are a lot of things that can knock your vehicle out of qualification though so I'm glad my dealer went through the checklist to make sure my car actually qualifies.
Let us know what your dealer actually offers you for the trade when the time comes. The GTP for my 2018 Outback Limited 3.6R was $25K and Echopark offered me $30K. That was my experience.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
5,440 Posts
Let us know what your dealer actually offers you for the trade when the time comes. The GTP for my 2018 Outback Limited 3.6R was $25K and Echopark offered me $30K. That was my experience.
I just traded my 2019 Limited with 53,000 miles for a 23 Limited due to arrive next week. Traded at $26,000. blackbook was at most $28,000 but my vehicle had a rock hit in the windshield. I checked every dealer and echo park in the area and this was the best offer and I also benefited about $2000 reduction in sales tax. The used car market prices continue to drop.

I paid vip pricing for the 23' and no dealer fees or extras,.3.9% four year financing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts