Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,214 Posts
Looking at the makes and models on that charge...me thinks it's a very old piece of information. But the two Subies listed do make sense in the context of the topic. :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Well, the WRX is one of the best "bang for your buck" speedsters out there. At under $30k new it falls within reach of those "young whipper snappers" who like to speed a lot.

I loved my 2009 Rally Blue WRX and beat the snot out of it. At least 1-2 times per day I'd do a full acceleration 0-60 run. Made BMWs and Mercedes in Scottsdale go, "WTF just happened?" as I'd disappear. Heh, I was 37 when I bought it but had wanted one since they first came out in 2002.

Sold it in 2015 to buy a GMC 2500 so we could pull our fifth wheel.

Heh, but now my fiancee has a 2019 Tesla 3 and I get to drive it alllllll the time. I think a Model 3 Performance is in my future!

·
Registered
561 Posts
In most cases of speeding, it's not about the actual speed over the limit, it's about the weaving in and out of traffic that gets those listed vehicles noticed and a ticket. I run up and down the freeway between cities at around 75 to 80mph because that is the flow of traffic. However, as I get into the city, the speed limit drops back down. These little car drivers don't heed that. They just keep at the interstate speed and zip in and out of the other cars. Makes them very noticeable.
Now, when will car manufacturers or aftermarket make an interface to my car that can identify speeders and post them? Like Wyse does for speed traps or slow downs on my display GPS? That info is based on driver input, so could speeders. Would be nice to get a BING! and notice that someone is coming up behind me doing 20mph over the flow of traffic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts