Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
1800rpm at 70mph?! Pretty sure mine is nowhere close to that low. Will be testing.
Here's a few photos. Can't trust these internet braggarts. Ha!
You can see the mpg bar at the top. Seems I pull 1750rpm at 70 when under light load, 1800rpm when slightly more load and into the left side of the average mpg bar.
Ascent1.jpg

Ascent1.jpg

Ascent1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
He's not at 65mph. Looks like a little less than 55
You are right. Cruise set for 65, but actual speed less than 55. The ave. mpg bar shows under acceleration or load of some sort. For some reason, I thought the '60' mark on the speedometer was 80. Thanks for the correction.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,411 Posts
1800rpm at 70mph?! Pretty sure mine is nowhere close to that low. Will be testing.
Mine in "Drive" at 70 mph is at or just a hair under 2K RPM. If I slip into manual mode and upshift to "8", the RPM settles at about 1800 RPM at 70 mph. I've found no appreciable difference in fuel economy on my long distance travels and don't bother with the manual mode at this point as it's the same overall 26.8 mpg calculated average regardless.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will be traveling in an Ascent with a 2000-pound teardrop camper for at least 15,000 miles (20 National Parks). Anything I can do to improve MPG will be helpful! I know that 55-60 mph will help a lot, vs. 65-75, and I'm not in a hurry.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It’s app on phone if you have Bluetooth obd adapter plugged in that can tell you various info on you car (oil temp, rpm, speed, engine load, and many more). Can also read engine error code if you have any.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts