Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up our new 2021 Ascent Limited last weekend and we're diggin it!

We have usually driven sporty crossovers (just turned in a Stelvio) and I was worried about feeling castrated in a Subaru with a CVT. But, we are having fun and loving our Ascent. Our lifestyle has completely changed in the last couple of years and the Ascent is going to fit us great.
I will say, I am not a fan of the Lane Centering feature and turned that off. Maybe in a certain situation I would turn it on, to keep me from zoning out on long drives, but otherwise its off.
The Starlink system also seems a bit intrusive (alerts on my phone) right now but I am sure I just need to turn off something in the update system settings.
Now, I definitely need to upgrade the exterior look with some wheels and tires. Something that will give it a beefier profile. I was thinking about shrinking to an 18" rim X 8.5" wide to fill out the wheel wells better?? ****Anyone have any suggestions or examples of what they have done on their Ascent?? Or know what to avoid, maybe.
Any feedback is great.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new Ascent! You have one of the first MY21's posted about, too.

Regarding your comments about Starlink, if you mean the app for your phone, you don't need that. The MySubaru app is what's used these days for safety/security including remote start with a subscription and updates are done via WiFi rather than Aha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.