Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder what to do. Sensors look damaged. I have not tried to open the door.

How a body colision shop ensures that the safety systems will work on the future after they change all.

What about the warranty of my car ?

Will it be affected?

Any advise on what to do.?

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
Obviously contact your ins carrier first. They will likely refer you to a bodyshop. Be aware though that many bodyshops use aftermarket parts. You don’t want that. You have the right to specify all your replacement parts are oem Subaru parts.

I’m not sure how many parts are unique to the Ascent but the good news is the vehicle is so new there may not be that many clone parts available yet anyway.

I would get 3 bids and go with the shop YOU are most comfortable with.

·
Registered
59 Posts
How a body colision shop ensures that the safety systems will work on the future after they change all.

What about the warranty of my car ?

Will it be affected?

If only the other driver had EyeSight... That being said, your warranty should not be affected because you were not at fault. However, as TheLEX said, specify that you want OEM parts, I remember the warranty saying non-authorized parts will not be covered in the warranty. See if you can use a Subaru certified collision center for the repairs ( https://www.subaru.com/owners/certifiedcollision.html ), this should ease your mind about the sensors. At the very least, contact your dealer and ask about your warranty and sensor concerns.

·
Registered
646 Posts
2 things
1) the warranty has nothing to do with the wreck. It only covers parts from defect, not from being broken
2) if you are rear ended it's on the person that rear ended you. you get to pick whatever body shop you want including a dealership. depending on the state you may be able to pick even if you are at fault. if the other driver is uninsured then you're back to your own insurance

When it's getting fixed the shop doing the work should warranty parts and labor for a certain time so ensure your systems work as they did prior to the wreck.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
If only the other driver had EyeSight... That being said, your warranty should not be affected because you were not at fault. However, as TheLEX said, specify that you want OEM parts, I remember the warranty saying non-authorized parts will not be covered in the warranty. See if you can use a Subaru certified collision center for the repairs ( https://www.subaru.com/owners/certifiedcollision.html ), this should ease your mind about the sensors. At the very least, contact your dealer and ask about your warranty and sensor concerns.

I wonder why no certified collision center comes up at the above linked site for Denver. Seems odd given the popularity of Subaru in this area.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
I wonder why no certified collision center comes up at the above linked site for Denver. Seems odd given the popularity of Subaru in this area.
You may have to expand the search area radius on the website. I had to go out at least 50 miles to find the closest one to me in the Puget Sound. There’s only two within 120 miles for the entire Seattle area, which I find somewhat surprising.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
You may have to expand the search area radius on the website. I had to go out at least 50 miles to find the closest one to me in the Puget Sound. There’s only two within 120 miles for the entire Seattle area, which I find somewhat surprising.

I expanded it all the way out and nothing showed up.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I came across this post (advertising) while attempting to locate a certified Subaru collision center in the Denver area. I am not familiar with this company nor the current status of their opening a Subaru Collision Center. I also do not know if when they say "dedicated" they are referring to a certified center. I will continue to research this and welcome any information you may have.

Denver Deserves A Dedicated Subaru Repair Shop

There is currently no Denver auto body shop that specializes in Subaru repair. Here at Nylund’s, we’ve been caring for Subaru owners and their vehicles since day one… and now, we’re considering opening up a dedicated Subaru repair shop to serve them even better.​

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Caliber Collision (74th and Washington) here in Denver worked on my son's WRX and it came out fantastic. We have had 3 cars repaired there with no complaints. I would not recommend Abra Auto Body as they painted right over a VIN sticker on my daughter's Elantra.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The adjuster is coming in the next day.. lets see what he says..

the RBA system seems to work, it does not give any bad message, the camera also works.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
If the tub, under the cargo area, is crumbled, it won't be restored to original. All you can do is to make sure the competent bodyman get's enough hrs on to bang it out for all the parts to fit properly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts