Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, soon-to-be first time Subaru owner here. Ordered for July in early-mid March. Finally got my VON today! Curious if there's anything to be done with this number? Doesn't appear I can register online for a membership on Subaru's website, nor can I put the number in a tracker. Is there any useful information to be had at this point calling SOA with the number? When is the VON useful to have?

·
Registered
217 Posts
What model did you order?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey all, soon-to-be first time Subaru owner here. Ordered for July in early-mid March. Finally got my VON today! Curious if there's anything to be done with this number? Doesn't appear I can register online for a membership on Subaru's website, nor can I put the number in a tracker. Is there any useful information to be had at this point calling SOA with the number? When is the VON useful to have?
Congrats!!
What trim and how much was the OTD price you got?

·
Registered
217 Posts
It is my understanding a VON is issued when an order is placed. When you get a VIN, its time to get excited.

Reactions: calimomofboys

·
Registered
597 Posts
It is my understanding a VON is issued when an order is placed. When you get a VIN, its time to get excited.
As someone who ordered when pricing was announced and still does not have a VON I can understand being excited.

I did get my email from Subaru but my dealer doesn't seem interested in giving me anymore information. I'm starting to get a little worried as it feels like I need to drag information out of them. But I think they also are worried about giving more than they should and getting in trouble with Subaru.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As the order moves along, you'll likely get updates from Subaru directly via email if you provided it during the write-up. Keep in mind, however, that the ETA is approximate. When the car arrives, the dealer will likely need from 1-3 days to stock, prep, and clean it. You'd be surprised how many people fully expect the car to go home with them the day it arrives.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As someone who ordered when pricing was announced and still does not have a VON I can understand being excited.

I did get my email from Subaru but my dealer doesn't seem interested in giving me anymore information. I'm starting to get a little worried as it feels like I need to drag information out of them. But I think they also are worried about giving more than they should and getting in trouble with Subaru.
You'll always know order progress before the dealer does. Dealerships are hesitant to give a lot of information because the ETA can change...and we're not given much information in the first place. We salespeople only see a couple changes in what we see during the production process. One is when the VIN hits. The other is 'ordered/scheduled/shipped rail/railhead/shipped truck'. That's the extent of any information we have. Don't take it personally. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I received a response from my dealer today and I was told there is no new information that delivery is still indicating July. He felt maybe an update might come mid May.

·
Registered
765 Posts
You should have received a VON (vehicle order number) the moment you placed your order. The VIN is not generated until about a month before the car is due to arrive at the dealership.

EDIT: the lower your VON number the earlier you placed your order. For example it should be something like this "21827XXXX"

·
Registered
967 Posts
So is 8610 pretty low then? Ya know asking for a friend..

Also does a low VON really mean anything
Yeah, means you were ordering about 10 minutes after sold orders opened. My lowest order was placed at 4 pm on the 16th and is 200 numbers after that.

And my most recent one is is literally 9,000 after that. I'll be curious to see what the VON is on the order I'm placing this afternoon. That'll be my last August unit. Which unfortunately means that VON really doesn't mean anything, simply because there will be people with lower VON's than this that won't get delivered until September because of the dealership allocations.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yeah, means you were ordering about 10 minutes after sold orders opened. My lowest order was placed at 4 pm on the 16th and is 200 numbers after that.

And my most recent one is is literally 9,000 after that. I'll be curious to see what the VON is on the order I'm placing this afternoon. That'll be my last August unit. Which unfortunately means that VON really doesn't mean anything, simply because there will be people with lower VON's than this that won't get delivered until September because of the dealership allocations.
So my order was the first placed with my local dealer and the VON (last 4 digits) is 0783....that is good?
Due mid July according to email .....but could be sooner?

·
Registered
208 Posts
So, my VON ends in 9052, how can that be if I placed my order and received the VON Feb 17th? Also, we were the first at the Subaru dealership in Dallas.

·
Registered
967 Posts
So my order was the first placed with my local dealer and the VON (last 4 digits) is 0783....that is good?
Due mid July according to email .....but could be sooner?
Still July allocation.

When I look on our pipeline page, on a VON that's within 10 of yours, it shows:

Allocation 201807
Sales Type Wholesale
Sold Order? Yes
Customer Name - DELETED by me

Status Ordered
Current Location 200020
Estimated Arrival Month of July-2018

The one I ordered this afternoon shows a VON of just over 9400 higher than the first one ordered. I figure we're still nearly a month away from seeing any status changes.

It's when we start seeing things like this on our site that you can get excited.

Allocation 201804
Sales Type Wholesale
Sold Order? No
Reservation Notes

Status At Railhead
Current Location 601130
Estimated Arrival 04/23/2018
Scheduled Date 03/29/2018
Release Date 03/29/2018
Railship Date 04/03/2018

Now - let's say that SIA builds a car today. Which they did, they built a couple of Outbacks for us today, 04/20. Those are listed as being in our May allocation - 201805 - with delivery ETA of 05/14. Basically just keep calm and wait for Subaru to actually start production.

Oh, and in case anyone cares, location 200020 simply means the vehicle is still under the authority of SOA - it doesn't mean that the vehicle has been built or is anything more than a computer file. The railhead location for that Outback I'm referencing simply means it's sitting at Fort Worth, waiting for a truck to bring it up here. While it's on the rail car in transit, the location will STILL read the same as if it were only a computer file. Then when it gets here, the location will change to the six digit number that represents our dealership.

·
Registered
967 Posts
So, my VON ends in 9052, how can that be if I placed my order and received the VON Feb 17th? Also, we were the first at the Subaru dealership in Dallas.
Just means more than 400 people in the country ordered cars on the 16th. The VON is not dealership specific, it's just a placeholder.

·
Registered
217 Posts
All of this shouldn't matter anyway. They are going to build them in batches, color, model, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts