Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Very nice! What products do you have on the rear? A double plus two add-ons? I'm unfamiliar with this brand but they look well-made.
I have a family of six and we're trying to figure out a way to take bikes away from the house. I have a 6'x12' utility trailer that I'm considering but this looks like an interesting set up also.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
1Up USA. (see the two posts before yours). A very well known and premier rack. The designer left and designed a very similar "new and improved " rack available from Quikrstuff. I am not personally familiar with the latter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had the arms loosen up on me before, from using the rack... never lost a bike yet, but used a cable as a safety wire. The lock they sell that goes in the arm also keeps the arms from opening up.

Inno has their copy of the 1up also. 1, 2 & 4.

And Saris as well

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yeah. Saris is making a similar rack too. USA made of course, as is 1Up.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used to use a combination of the 1UP on the rear (it is a Heavy Duty Dual with 2 single add ons) and then a Kuat Vagabond where I could attach 2 bikes with the fork mount and lay down the 7th bike. That was when the kids used 20" bikes. Now that theyve graduated to 26" bikes, i needed to upgrade my rack so i went with the 1UP roof mounted racks. I've had the hitch mounted setup for 4 years and never had an issue with it. I started using it because a good friend had been using the racks for years and swore by them. The newer models are "notched" so that they don't loosen up on you.
Sorry for the delayed response...I've been tied up a bit with working from home and teaching from home!

Reactions: djrussell
1 - 10 of 10 Posts