Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very impressed with my first ever Subaru. We drove about 200 miles to get it and the wife drove it home. She is very pleased with how it performs and all the techy stuff on the Touring. She managed right at 23 mpg. I drove it for a bit when we got home and I also was impressed with the get up and go from that turbo 4 and with the handling. The steering does feel a little light as some have said but I got used to it very quickly.

The dealership experience went as expected. We had a very friendly and knowledgeable salesman who spent a lot of time with the wife going over all the functions. Others were very friendly also. The price agreed upon was the price we paid. I was a little nervous about that but no issue. The only issue came at finance time as we had to listen to the required extended service contract pitch. I could see the disappointment that came with my no. My guess is some sort of commission is involved and probably a lot of pressure from management to make the sales. I actually kind of felt sorry for the guy because he seemed like a very nice person. I know it depends on the dealer but the last 2 vehicles I have bought there was no price given, just a breakdown of how much my payments would be if I wanted the contract. We paid more than half down and only financed for 48 mos. The increase in payments for a contract varied from $40 to $108 for a non Subaru plan.

So now I will shop the Added Security plan.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Congrats. I just got back from a long two day trip in my Ascent Touring and enjoyed it.

You can get the Subaru Factory warranty much cheaper from Luke at Stamford Subaru. I bought my car from my local dealer and bought the warranty through him for the price I highly recommend using him. There are some threads on this for reference in this forum and in about every other Subaru forum.

Luke Corcione
Business Manager
Main: 203-252-2222 x109

https://www.stamfordsubaru.com

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats JDT! Glad to hear your wife enjoyed her new Ascent. I’m still waiting to hear when mine has arrived at the dealer. I also have a little less than a 300 mile ride from where I purchase since I found a better deal further out. I hope the drive back home will let me get a decent feel for the car. I know that the complaints are a few but going through this forum and reading some post regarding some of the issues some folks have experience in just hoping for the best. I have upcoming travel plans which I’m expecting to take the Ascent with me down to Mississippi and Missouri for a few months and I will be far from home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts