Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the far right lane going south and a guy from the opposite side of the road going north needed to turn left into a strip. The light was was green for me and I was driving around 40mph and he decided to turn across 3 lanes and somehow the two lanes next to me yielded to him and I didn't see him and ran into him. The front bumper is gone. Car was towed as i couldn't drive it. Air bags didn't deployed. I was just shooked up. It happened so quick and now that I'm thinking about it, why didn't eyesight engaged and stopped? The guy was coming from my left and fast so if i didn't see him, chances are eyesight didn't as well. Got the Ascent in December so only been 3 months ???

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,886 Posts
Bummer for sure, but hopefully you didn't get hurt. The vehicle can be fixed. And honestly, you did have the right of way, too, based on your description of the event.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Glad you are safe! I am guessing at the angle he decided to make the left turn he wasn’t in the field of view for eyesight. But that does bring up an idea for future models to have some sought of front side impact protection sensors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Eyesight is radar based rather than video based. Coming from the side so quick as Andymarine12 pointed out would not give it enough of a chance compared to if the guy was in front of you and hit the brakes hard. It is advertised as a collision detection system but unfortunately things that appear from the side are not in its field of vision.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Eyesight is radar based rather than video based. Coming from the side so quick as Andymarine12 pointed out would not give it enough of a chance compared to if the guy was in front of you and hit the brakes hard. It is advertised as a collision detection system but unfortunately things that appear from the side are not in its field of vision.
Eyesight is dual 3d stereoscopic camera "video" based. Rear blind spot detection is radar based. But otherwise, yes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts