Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, battery died three times in last few days.
bad battery - checked internet.
can anyone tell me the most expensive best battery that fit the car correctly with no or maybe a spacer modification. Obviously that you can go get at a store because the car is dead. I’m not paying and don’t care about the expense.
thanks Andrew

·
Registered
153 Posts
Odyssey 35-PC1400T

Let Subaru of America know about your battery issues and that you will be purchasing a non-oem replacement. They should reimburse you the cost, they did for me.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hello, third dead batteries in last few days.
bad battery - checked internet.
can anyone tell me the most expensive best battery that fit the car correctly with no or maybe a spacer modification. Obviously that you can go get at a store because the car is dead. I’m not paying and don’t care about the expense.
thanks Andrew
See this thread for a listing of the best batteries for the Ascent (Group 35 direct OEM replacements).

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hello, thanks for the help. It turns out that if your key fob is within 7.667 feet of a magnetron, the car battery will drain because it is powering the microwave magnetron.
NO THATS NOT IT- whether or not it does this does this, or if the drain is caused by shifting ocean waves that contain micro ferrous material which are causing gravitational drains- oh there I go again- BOTTOM LINE I DONT CARE. THE BATTERY IS JUNK, AND IF THERE ARE DRAINS ID LIKE TO SEE SOURCED OUT OF AMERICA FIX IT!

·
Administrator
11,404 Posts
Hello, thanks for the help. It turns out that if your key fob is within 7.667 feet of a magnetron, the car battery will drain because it is powering the microwave magnetron.
NO THATS NOT IT- whether or not it does this does this, or if the drain is caused by shifting ocean waves that contain micro ferrous material which are causing gravitational drains- oh there I go again- BOTTOM LINE I DONT CARE. THE BATTERY IS JUNK, AND IF THERE ARE DRAINS ID LIKE TO SEE SOURCED OUT OF AMERICA FIX IT!
I understand you're understandably upset, but, if you're on your third battery and looking for your fourth, I'd definitely make sure SoA is aware of every detail, because, that may not be the battery.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello,
I’m not upset at all- I don’t own a subaru and never will.
Im not sure where the third looking for fourth battery came from. The original battery on a 2019 subaru ascent with 20k crapped out.
I’m just amused at all the discussion about the stars and ghost leaks and gravitational energy drains during the night.
I don’t feel that the real issue was addressed. Subaru should figure out what the issue is, and correct it. Instead, they know there is an issue, remain silent, and try to get you to go in to get another defective Subaru battery- saw that in posts. It would seem the new defective battery gets you over the warranty period, and then it’s your problem. I do not think that is the proper way to expect return customers.
The car is fine now and I use the info on the forum to conclude that the issue was only a defective battery.

·
Administrator
11,404 Posts
Hello,
Im not sure where the third looking for fourth battery came from. The original battery on a 2019 subaru ascent with 20k crapped out.
I’m just amused at all the discussion about the stars and ghost leaks and gravitational energy drains during the night.
I don’t feel that the real issue was addressed. Subaru should figure out what the issue is, and correct it. Instead, they know there is an issue, remain silent, and try to get you to go in to get another defective Subaru battery- saw that in posts. It would seem the new defective battery gets you over the warranty period, and then it’s your problem. I do not think that is the proper way to expect return customers.
The car is fine now and I use the info on the forum to conclude that the issue was only a defective battery.
So, you're vehemently negatively commenting about something you don't own, never plan on owning, have no real knowledge of, and have no experience with? Please feel free to let me know if any of those parameters change. Perhaps at that time, you can make more substantive contributions. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hello,
I can't think of any good reason why anyone would bother reading a forum about a car they would never buy.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I can't think of any good reason why anyone would bother reading a forum about a car they would never buy.
Covid quarantine boredom? I would have hoped that after I reached my age I would have figured out why folks do what they do. Sadly that is not the case. Seeing recent behavior, It only has become more of a mystery.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
He might be working on someone else’s Ascent. I have been looking at the Jeep forums a bit lately while I work on my son’s Grand Cherokee. I did not join and I do not jump on there and tell everyone that Jeeps are bad and I would never own one. I found out in life if I ban ever car make that has done something I don’t agree with I would be left with a bicycle. And then would soon be walking.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
He might be working on someone else’s Ascent. I have been looking at the Jeep forums a bit lately while I work on my son’s Grand Cherokee. I did not join and I do not jump on there and tell everyone that Jeeps are bad and I would never own one. I found out in life if I ban ever car make that has done something I don’t agree with I would be left with a bicycle. And then would soon be walking.
and then eventually complain about the lack of maintenance of sidewalks.

·
Administrator
11,404 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts