Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

Waiting for my Ascent to arrive at Planet Subaru - This will be my first Subaru purchase. What are peoples thoughts on the Gold Plus Warranty? Needed given all the electronics on it? Planet Subaru already has a 'service it here and we will give you a 10/150k powertrain warranty plus batteries/tires/loaners etc. Is the extra warranty really necessary?

Also, are people getting better rates through Planet or Liberty?

Thanks!
Bob

·
Registered
40 Posts
Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 08:52
To:
Subject:
RE: 10-100000-$100 Gold Plus Extended Warranty For 2020 Ascent Touring?

HI , THANKS FOR CONTACTING ME. 10YR/100,000 GOLD PLUS 100 DED IS 1670.00 TIRE AND WHEEL IS 5YR/UNLIMITED MILES 695.00. OUR TIRE AND WHEEL HAS O DED, UNLIMITED CLAIMS, NO PRORATING AND ALSO INCLUDES COSMETICS ON THE WHEELS. OUR GAP IS 550.00 5YRS OR 650.00 6YRS.

Liberty Subaru 201-261-0900 ext 126

I didn't actually buy anything from Tom, as when I bought the car, the local dealer (reluctantly) gave me the same prices...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got in touch with Planet Subaru and they no longer offer warranties for non-customers. However, I contacted Dan Meola at Liberty Subaru and bought a Gold Plus 10yr/100k $0 deductible warranty for $1650 before taxes. Note, this was for a Legacy, not an Ascent, so I'm not sure if that affects the price. There was no need to negotiate; Dan offered the best price right away and made the process easy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchased our new Ascent Touring (MSRP 48.7K) this morning. Got to the financing and I turned down all the add-ins (maintenance plan, extended warranty, etc.). After signing the papers, I asked what the cash price of the 10 year Gold would be if I just purchase outright. He said:
1) usually we sell for $4315
2) Our price is $2700
3) I suspect I could get it for you at a few hundred over our price (implying $2900)
4) I said no thanks. It looks like I can get it online for about $1700
5) He said just a minute. Stepped out. Was back in a flash and sold it to me for $1700.
Is it the third party coverage with deductible? or coverage by Subaru manufacturer? Does the plan cover everything including electrical problems?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it the third party coverage with deductible? or coverage by Subaru manufacturer? Does the plan cover everything including electrical problems?
The gold plus warranty is essentially an extension of subaru’s bumper-to-bumper 3yr warranty that comes with a new car, so it covers electric. There should be a comprehensive list of parts covered. Keep in mind that the “year/mileage” indicator is inclusive of the original warranty. So a 10yr/100k gold plus warranty is realistically a 7 years/70k extension. Also this warranty must be purchases before the original warranty expires

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased my 2020 touring on December 26 with the gold plus warranty for 96 months/80,000 miles with $100 deductible for $1920.
Can I cancel my current gold plus warranty and purchase a new, cheaper one from one of the above mentioned dealers?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I purchased my 2020 touring on December 26 with the gold plus warranty for 96 months/80,000 miles with $100 deductible for $1920.
Can I cancel my current gold plus warranty and purchase a new, cheaper one from one of the above mentioned dealers?
You can, but their 'prorated' refund is significantly less than you would expect. You can inquire and see what the refund amount would be, however, you will probably be better off keeping your plan as is.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The work and disruption involved for only a few hundred dollars isn't something I"d likely do, but that's certainly an option. Now if it was a much larger price delta...I'd go for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The work and disruption involved for only a few hundred dollars isn't something I"d likely do, but that's certainly an option. Now if it was a much larger price delta...I'd go for it.
That's not a bad price, so you're fine just keeping it. To compare, my local dealership wanted $4,300 for the 10yr/100k plan with $100 deductible. At best they went down to $3,800, but couldn't go any lower. That's a price worth refunding for a cheaper plan if I had bought from there first, but yours isn't really. The only thing that may be worth the switch is to get the $0 deductible, but again it depends on what refund you'd get to do that.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I contacted Dan Meola at Liberty Subaru and bought a Gold Plus 10yr/100k $0 deductible warranty for $1650 before taxes.
I just joined the Dan Meola fan club, same deal 10yr, 100k, $0 for $1,650 plus tax.

He was great to work with and we got everything done today.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I just joined the Dan Meola fan club, same deal 10yr, 100k, $0 for $1,650 plus tax.

He was great to work with and we got everything done today.
That's the route I'm likely to take "real soon now"...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Stamford Subaru-ask for business office -best prices 203-252-2222- Just give it a try before you go elsewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you very much Cali Ascent 2020
i ordered mine from Timmons subaru. they gave me 2% below invoice on Touring model

21 - 40 of 40 Posts