Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it the third party coverage with deductible? or coverage by Subaru manufacturer? Does the plan cover everything including electrical problems?
The gold plus warranty is essentially an extension of subaru’s bumper-to-bumper 3yr warranty that comes with a new car, so it covers electric. There should be a comprehensive list of parts covered. Keep in mind that the “year/mileage” indicator is inclusive of the original warranty. So a 10yr/100k gold plus warranty is realistically a 7 years/70k extension. Also this warranty must be purchases before the original warranty expires

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
10 Posts
I purchased my 2020 touring on December 26 with the gold plus warranty for 96 months/80,000 miles with $100 deductible for $1920.
Can I cancel my current gold plus warranty and purchase a new, cheaper one from one of the above mentioned dealers?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I purchased my 2020 touring on December 26 with the gold plus warranty for 96 months/80,000 miles with $100 deductible for $1920.
Can I cancel my current gold plus warranty and purchase a new, cheaper one from one of the above mentioned dealers?
You can, but their 'prorated' refund is significantly less than you would expect. You can inquire and see what the refund amount would be, however, you will probably be better off keeping your plan as is.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,127 Posts
The work and disruption involved for only a few hundred dollars isn't something I"d likely do, but that's certainly an option. Now if it was a much larger price delta...I'd go for it.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
2 Posts
The work and disruption involved for only a few hundred dollars isn't something I"d likely do, but that's certainly an option. Now if it was a much larger price delta...I'd go for it.
That's not a bad price, so you're fine just keeping it. To compare, my local dealership wanted $4,300 for the 10yr/100k plan with $100 deductible. At best they went down to $3,800, but couldn't go any lower. That's a price worth refunding for a cheaper plan if I had bought from there first, but yours isn't really. The only thing that may be worth the switch is to get the $0 deductible, but again it depends on what refund you'd get to do that.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I contacted Dan Meola at Liberty Subaru and bought a Gold Plus 10yr/100k $0 deductible warranty for $1650 before taxes.
I just joined the Dan Meola fan club, same deal 10yr, 100k, $0 for $1,650 plus tax.

He was great to work with and we got everything done today.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I just joined the Dan Meola fan club, same deal 10yr, 100k, $0 for $1,650 plus tax.

He was great to work with and we got everything done today.
That's the route I'm likely to take "real soon now"...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Stamford Subaru-ask for business office -best prices 203-252-2222- Just give it a try before you go elsewhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you very much Cali Ascent 2020
i ordered mine from Timmons subaru. they gave me 2% below invoice on Touring model

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
10 Posts
I contacted Dan and his prices are well below what I paid my dealer. My question is if I cancel my current warranty, can I purchase a new one from another dealer?

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
10 Posts
2 questions in several parts:
How long after you bought did you cancel; and what portion was refunded?
Can I repurchase the warranty from another dealership?

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
As a new member of the Dan Meola fan club, I recommend contacting him when seeking quotes within the Tri-State area. His quote was very competitive. In addition to his having the lowest price, his customer service was exceptional. He returned my email promptly and answered questions.

I recommend contacting Dan when you are requesting quotes.

His contact information:
Daniel Meola
201-261-0900 ext 102
[email protected]

Happy Shopping!
nT

·
Registered
5 Posts
2 questions in several parts:
How long after you bought did you cancel; and what portion was refunded?
Can I repurchase the warranty from another dealership?

thanks
I cancelled it the next day of purchase and received 100% refund, however it took me few phone calls to follow up and it took me 2 months to get the refund.

·
Administrator
7,757 Posts
Dealerships are no longer permitted to sell outside of their areas.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Dealerships are no longer permitted to sell outside of their areas.
What is generally considered a given dealer's market geography relative to this? That's important to know relative to this topic for folks wanting to shop around for the Subaru Gold Extended Service Contract.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts