Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Getting VIP pricing after placing special order

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  02rexwi 
#1 ·
Has anyone has had experience applying VIP pricing after getting placing a special order? I don't know if it's unethical, but if I'm saving a couple hundred bucks why not?

#2 ·
I successfully did this. We didn't have a purchase contract signed after we ordered, so we weren't locked into a deal. I approached the dealer over phone as if I was interested in purchasing an Ascent and asked if they honored the VIP program. After they said yes, I informed them I already placed an order and asked if they would be able to honor the pricing. They agreed they could, so all was good. I was ready to throw out the "I'd like to cancel the order I placed" as they said this was an option if I changed my mind after placing the order. I was a bit nervous when I took delivery, but everything worked out. They did sell me on the extended warranty and I found they gouged me pretty good on that, probably trying to make up for less margin on the vehicle sale, but I cancelled that warranty and will be re-buying from an out of state dealer. There is a thread on here about the dealer that will sell the extended warranty for cost (or very close to).
Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.