Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ramsey Subaru just called as my sales dude got the keys. He's bringing it over to Service for dealer-installed options from package 33 and getting it readied for Monday or Tuesday next week pickup.

They said it would be a huge favor to not show up on a Saturday so we'll oblige.

Should be getting ETA as soon as he gets back from service!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Ramsey Subaru just called as my sales dude got the keys. He's bringing it over to Service for dealer-installed options from package 33 and getting it readied for Monday or Tuesday next week pickup.

They said it would be a huge favor to not show up on a Saturday so we'll oblige.

Should be getting ETA as soon as he gets back from service!
I suggest you take advantage of this forum to search for the thread on new vehicle inspections. The thread is comprehensive and important as many vehicle prep experiences had one issue or another that was easily avoidable or readily corrected. If anything does arise during your inspection, write it down and have them sign off on it. I know it is an exciting time, but take your time and inspect thoroughly. Take it for a ride as well to assure alignment and all features work properly. There is lots there so schedule enough time and prep the dealer so they know what to expect as well.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Good luck and enjoy. Ascents are terrific cars and Subaru is a very upstanding company. This forum is also a terrific wealth of knowledge.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I suggest you take advantage of this forum to search for the thread on new vehicle inspections. The thread is comprehensive and important as many vehicle prep experiences had one issue or another that was easily avoidable or readily corrected. If anything does arise during your inspection, write it down and have them sign off on it. I know it is an exciting time, but take your time and inspect thoroughly. Take it for a ride as well to assure alignment and all features work properly. There is lots there so schedule enough time and prep the dealer so they know what to expect as well.
Be sure to save the tiny metal tag attached to one of your key fobs. It's called a "Key Number Plate". The 5 digits stamped on it are important. See Pages 118 and 132 of Manual. I put the 5 digits in my cellphone and wrote them in the Manual --- the actual tag is tapped to my car title. You will save several $100's if you need to replace a Fob or have certain repair work done.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Much appreciated Kathy in Tennessee!

Was told my pickup of my Ascent is pushed out another 2-3 days (was to be tonight) but the front bumper chrome protector, which my sales agent said was a port-installed option, is not and is backordered by the dealership's parts department and might get in Thursday and takes 3 hours to install. He backtracked on it being port installed "Oh I never said it was port installed" so there we are.

Hopefully Thursday evening or Friday evening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts