Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s seems that you are unable to tilt the second row forward with car seats, and because of that, you can’t use the side release lever to slide the second row forward when trying to get in or out of the third row. So how are folks doing it? Even sliding the second row forward all the way leaves little room to get into the third row. Not the greatest design for a family car.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have large car seats. Just this weekend I did the first road trip with lots of bags and grandma too. I put one car seat on the 2nd row behind the passenger seat. The other (even larger) child seat went on the third row, immediately behind it, because I needed to fold the 2/3 part of the third row for cargo space. Sliding the captain chair forward was enough for my kid to slide in to the third row even with the cocoon style child seat in the 2nd row. I was actually quite pleased with that, and so was grandma, since now she could seat comfortably in her captain chair without kids walking over her to get to the third row.
I was actually quite surprised and pleased that it worked that way. But for older/larger kids it may not be possible to slide in that way.
But it works for little kids.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts