Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2021 Ascent and immediately noticed a vibration in the gas pedal - appears to be synced with vibration / noise with CVT but cannot say for sure. It occurs at 2,000 RPM. I know there was another thread on here with others experiencing the same issue, but never saw anyone find a resolution. Hoping others have dealt with this. The car is currently at the dealer and their initial response was that they could not replicate the issue. I sure hope a vibrating gas pedal is not normal for this $40k vehicle. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2021 Ascent and immediately noticed a vibration in the gas pedal - appears to be synced with vibration / noise with CVT but cannot say for sure. It occurs at 2,000 RPM. I know there was another thread on here with others experiencing the same issue, but never saw anyone find a resolution. Hoping others have dealt with this. The car is currently at the dealer and their initial response was that they could not replicate the issue. I sure hope a vibrating gas pedal is not normal for this $40k vehicle. Thanks in advance.
We just bought a new 2022 yesterday and brought it home and found the same issue on the way home. Did your issue ever get resolved? Not sure if engine needs to be broken in or a larger problem.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,190 Posts
The accelerator pedal is an electronic switch drive-by-wire so there's no mechanical connection to the engine or transmission. Maybe your foot is touching the side of the console and feeling that vibrating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts