Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
message from the service coordinator: quick update before we go home for the weekend here tech is following the guidance of our Subaru tech line and strained out the transmission fluid he's going to let it settle then inspect that to make sure there are no shaving or anything like that inside of that fluid

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update from the dealer:
We are attempting to take a snap shot of the data within your vehicle's computer. But in order to do that, the symptom needs to occur while the computer is connected. We haven't been able to retrieve that shap shot data so far, but your technician is going to make another attempt tomorrow morning when he arrives at 10:00 am.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Customer states there is a vibration when accelerating on th e pedal and reaching certain speeds on the highway please che ck and advise 18-2100 RPM NOTES THAT THERE CAR SEEMS TO HAVE IT HAPPEN ALL THE TIME
AND YOU CAN FEEL IT IN THE PEDAL
Cause: TEST DROVE VEHICLE AND CONFIRMED COMPLAINT. COMPLETED CVT RELEARN AND RE- TEST DROVE VEHICLE. FOUND ISSUE STILL PRESENT. CONTACTED SUBARU TECHLINE. WAS INSTRUCTED TO INSPECT CVT FLUID CONDITION. FOUND FLUID TO HAVE A FEW METAL PARTICALS. REPORTED TO TECHLINE. TECHLINE CLAIMED FLUID TO BE NORMAL. TECHLINE INSTRUCTED TO COMPAIR TO ANOTHER ACENT. COMPAIRED AND COULD NOT DUPLICATE IN ANOTHER ACENT. REACHED OUT TO TECH LINE AGAIN. TECH LINE INSTRUCTED TO SEND IN DATA FILE OF ISSUE. SENT IN DATA FILE. TECHLINE RESPONDED NEEDING DATA FILE OF ISSUE FROM ECM AND TCM. SENT IN BOTH ECM AND TCM DATA FILES. TECHLINE RESPNONDED WITH CVT REPLACEMENT DUE TO AN INTERNAL FAILURE WITH THE CVT TRANSMISSION. TECHLINE CASE # 51696767277
Correction: REPLACED CVT TRANSMISSION ASSEMBLY PER SUBARU TECHLINE IONSTRUCTION. FILLED FRONT DIFF AND CVT FLUID. COMPLETED CVT LEARN AND TEST DROVE THE VEHICLE TO CONFIRM REPAIR. FOUND THAT THE VEHICLE IS NOW OPERATING AS DESIGNED. OLD CVT # TR690S61DA286423-RC NEW CVT # TR690S61DA238438-RC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well darn! I took mine in for its first oil change Monday I asked them to evaluate it for this exact issue. The response was we will call enterprise rent a car for you you’re going to have to leave it here for a few days. I couldn’t do that because we had a 6 hour round trip drive through winter conditions that I didn’t want to do in an unfamiliar vehicle with all seasons. They wouldn’t even test drive it without me leaving it there!

·
Registered
12 Posts
i got the car and the vibration is still there! same rpm range. they said i will need drive it for a few more miles so it will "relearn".

·
Registered
12 Posts
i will be going back to the dealer to have this checked again. their initial finding was the issue was something about transmission fluid pressure. they replaced the transmission but the issue is still there. the vibration makes driving really uncomfortable and very distracting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i will be going back to the dealer to have this checked again. their initial finding was the issue was something about transmission fluid pressure. they replaced the transmission but the issue is still there. the vibration makes driving really uncomfortable and very distracting.
Did you hear anything further update from Subaru? If replacing Transmission still don't have the issue fixed, then what else? This is really annoying, I haven't asked my local dealer check on my car yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Would love to read any updates to this, please. We just test drove a 2020 Limited today and felt the vibration distinctly on both the gas and brake pedals. The dealership said they were not aware of the issue.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I also get the vibrating at 2000 rpm. 2020 Touring. Will have dealer look at it on 1st service. Only have 4200 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone even had any resolution to the issue? I am experiencing the same issue and dealer is saying they cannot replicate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you resolve the issue? I am experiencing the same vibration and it is extremely annoying.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts