Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been enjoying my ascent since a month. Just crossed 1500 miles and started noticing vibration from the gas pedal around 2000+ rpm. Was searching other forums whether this issue was reported. This was reported in cross trek and outback a few years ago. SOA has released recall to replace few parts and dampen the vibrations.

Just curious... anyone noticed and feeling vibration around 2000+ RPM ranges in ascent as well.:sad: whether all subie's have this issue :tango_face_surprise

Thanks,

https://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/152291-gas-pedal-vibration-solved/

https://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/engine-drivetrain/28777-vibrations-gas-pedal.html

They redesign the front mounting bolts for securing the front cross member. To eliminate the vibration. STRUCTURE:BODY
TSB #TSB-05-57-14
NHTSA ID #10055443
Date Announced:
FEBRUARY 20 2014
Additional Info:
How to Fix
Summary: SUBARU: A CHANGE HAS BEEN MADE TO THE MOUNTING BOLTS USED FOR SECURING THE FRONT CROSS MEMBER TO THE VEHICLE BODY. THE THICKNESS OF THE FLANGE AT THE BASE OF THE BOLT'S HEX HAS INCREASED TO 5MM. ALSO INCLUDED SUBARU STI/BRZ MODEL YEAR 2014.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary on any of the Ascent I've driven including my own. If there was any vibration it wasn't enough to set off a warning in my mind.

·
Registered
665 Posts
This seems very weird. Since all of these models have different engine sub-frame configurations. Most of the BRZ chassis belongs to Toyota. But maybe that is more suspension. The sway bar bushings for the BRZ are nothing like any other Subaru sway bar bushing on the planet since 1995.

And it would seem very weird that 3 different chassis configurations would get a decreased-in-size bolt. Assuming the previous iterations were larger, and no issue. Why? Bad bolt run? Weight savings?

Moving on to the Ascent. The Ascent most closely shares an engine subframe design to the 2.5H4T. Current STI, older WRX. Forester XTs ... My cars. It's bigger, beefier. It's layered between subframes and bracing. The STI has some bracing in the form of a large aluminum structure hidden by the belly pan. The BRZ, XV, Impreza have none of that.

Subaru did not under engineer a spec like the subframe and it's connections. They over-engineered it. My guess is you are more sensitive than most and it is just engine/CVT vibrations.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just tested this on neutral and didn’t notice any vibrations. I agree this could be related to CVT transmission but not convinced since it started happening after driving 1500 miles. Also, few hours ago got an Eyesight Off/Check Manual message and email from star link to contact retailer immediately. After driving for an hour and on engine restart it cleared itself. Eyesight off/check Manual doesn’t seem to be normal weather condition related eyesight disabled message.

Not sure whether these problems need some attention. Should I contact dealer or just waste of time .

·
Administrator
8,303 Posts
Just tested this on neutral and didn’t notice any vibrations. I agree this could be related to CVT transmission but not convinced since it started happening after driving 1500 miles. Also, few hours ago got an Eyesight Off/Check Manual message and email from star link to contact retailer immediately. After driving for an hour and on engine restart it cleared itself. Eyesight off/check Manual doesn’t seem to be normal weather condition related eyesight disabled message.

Not sure whether these problems need some attention. Should I contact dealer or just waste of time .
I'd contact the dealer and set up an appointment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am first time subaru owner, earlier i drove RAV4 for 5 years.
I got my ascent 2 weeks back and noticed the vibration on Gas Pedal and Break Pedal. Checked with dealer and they dint notice any vibration, just balanced the tires. The vibration still exists. I Asked dealer service rep to check when the engine is completely cooled, so i left the car and took another Ascent as loaner. I have the same vibration in that car as well.So i think it is something that all subaru's have, minor vibrations. Apart from that vibration everything else is great.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have felt vibration at 2000 rpm as well. Never felt it in any other car. Vibrates enough to tickle the foot, make it uncomfortable. Seems to be when the engine is cool, warming up. So i have chalked it up just as something that happens when the idle is faster due to warming up.
Not consistent though. Just once in awhile.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i am experiencing the same. vibration on the gas pedal at 2000rpm. i have 400+ miles on my 2020 Touring. I drove a loaner and did not experience this. The loaner had 2.5k miles.
anyone got any answers from subaru about this? thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am experiencing this too, it started around 1k miles. 1800-2000 Rpm. I am starting to suspect an exhaust component may be loose as it seems a bit louder now as well. 2020 Limited

·
Administrator
8,303 Posts
I am experiencing this too, it started around 1k miles. 1800-2000 Rpm. I am starting to suspect an exhaust component may be loose as it seems a bit louder now as well. 2020 Limited
Have them check the heat baffle above the driveshaft.

·
Registered
12 Posts
no vibration at 1500rpm. starts to vibrate when going to 2000rpm. vibration in the gas pedal is very noticeable and continuous when driving at constant 2000rpm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
no vibration at 1500rpm. starts to vibrate when going to 2000rpm. vibration in the gas pedal is very noticeable and continuous when driving at constant 2000rpm.
is there a display that tells on wgat gear the car is on?
i think it is the transmission not able decide if it will shift to next gear so it stays in the same gear.

·
Administrator
8,303 Posts
is there a display that tells on wgat gear the car is on?
i think it is the transmission not able decide if it will shift to next gear so it stays in the same gear.
There's no gears.

·
Administrator
8,303 Posts
im referring to the numbers 1-8 similar when you use manual shifting. Automatic only shows D.
No, there is no indicator, because there are no gears in drive, and faux gear imitation is only sometimes used in drive mode. Much of the time, the car is acting like a CVT and not using the faux gears.

·
Registered
377 Posts
We had this in the wife's Volvo and it turned out to be a bent rim but only showing up at 2000rpm would seem to eliminate that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i went to the dealer and they were able to replicate the issue during their test drive. they will consult with their tech line to get inputs. they said data mining will take 1 day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please let us know if they find anything, ours will be going in for it’s first oil change in 2 weeks and I am going to ask them to evaluate ours.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts