Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my first Subaru! It’s a 2021 Ascent.

I have two Labs, and trying to figure out how to push seats together without the gaps. The seats go down but do not push together when folded all the way down. Also planning to camp in my car too!

There is one gap in the back and one in front when second row of seats are folded down. Is there a way to push together somehow? I don’t want my dogs legs getting stuck in these spaces. Am I missing something here? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You're not missing anything. The gaps are there. A number of posters in these forums have built bridges/platforms to span or fill those gaps for camping, pets... For camping, there are inflatable bags intended for the purpose you can find on Amazon, like the following examples. I have not tried these.

It's one of those things I intend to get around to.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, the gap is there and grocery stuff can roll in there - like how I found two bottles of soft drinks in my gap from my grocery run 2 weeks ago LOL It's useful for stowing stuff that are long and awkward and you want them out of sight. But I agree it can be annoying. This is something Subaru can improve on. On some vehicles they have extra plastic flaps on the back of the seats to literally bridge the gap.

Below is the Ford Transit Connect Wagon flaps. That would be nice on the Ascent...are you listening Subaru?
I've seen them on the Land Rover LR4 as well as some minivans. I don't know the weight loads those flaps can handle...enough to lie down on at least I would think.

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
I'd email that to Subaru, iiwy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're not missing anything. The gaps are there. A number of posters in these forums have built bridges/platforms to span or fill those gaps for camping, pets... For camping, there are inflatable bags intended for the purpose you can find on Amazon, like the following examples. I have not tried these.

It's one of those things I intend to get around to.
Thanks, wow when you spend 37K on a new car, you would think Subaru would have thought of this one- guess I should have checked before I drove off with it- Isn't
Subaru "the ultimate dog ride?" Appreciate the help.

Thanks for the ideas- you would think Subaru would make something to cover these gaps? I don't want any animal or kid getting his leg stuck in there!

·
Registered
9 Posts
We frequently have our 3rd row seat down. After the first grocery trip in our Ascent, we thought the bagger forgot to put several items in our bags. Nope. The grocery items were found on the floor, falling through the gap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased my first Subaru! It’s a 2021 Ascent.

I have two Labs, and trying to figure out how to push seats together without the gaps. The seats go down but do not push together when folded all the way down. Also planning to camp in my car too!

There is one gap in the back and one in front when second row of seats are folded down. Is there a way to push together somehow? I don’t want my dogs legs getting stuck in these spaces. Am I missing something here? Thanks!
Buy some pool noodles of the appropriate size. They should work fine, I haven't tried it yet but have been thinking that would be an inexpensive fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To bridge the space between the 2 middle seats I cut a piece of plywood that spans the seats and is about as wide as the seat bottom. I put some towels down first to protect the seats. I have a Kurgo pet liner that attaches to the headrests so that takes care of the gap between the front and middle seats. Also blocks the space between the two front seats so the doggie can’t get up front. It also leaves some storage space behind the front seats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts