Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, i am a prospective buyer and lurking these forums for some time now. Its been very informative.
Can someone letme know how much gap is available between the captain chairs in the 2nd row. Will it fit a 24.9in L x 13.8in W x 13.3in H cooler.
I am thinking of a putting it as a support structure to extend legs from the 3rd row.? Am i dreaming ????

·
Registered
240 Posts
Folks, i am a prospective buyer and lurking these forums for some time now. Its been very informative.
Can someone letme know how much gap is available between the captain chairs in the 2nd row. Will it fit a 24.9in L x 13.8in W x 13.3in H cooler.
I am thinking of a putting it as a support structure to extend legs from the 3rd row.? Am i dreaming ????
Just measured... the gap between the seats themselves is only about 10in. The floor brackets that they bolt into are even narrower. I dont see any way a cooler that size would fit. Sorry.

Reactions: DKeane

·
Registered
686 Posts
^ I think it's going to be a bit too tall.

I have a "dry box" that is very similar to this one:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/MTM-Sportsman-Dry-Box-Large-Green/37392203

Which I tried in that area. It fit just right, with a width of ~9 inches, and the top of the box is prevented from opening by the swivel base of the inboard arm-rest of the CCs.

With that extra inch of height, I don't know that you'd be able to clear the armrests, at all.

I am currently away from the vehicle, but you can get an idea of how tall my box is by going to the rear of your vehicle and measuring the height of the rear cargo cover. The cargo cover's main horizontal bar just clears the top of my dry-box. I am currently using the dry-box to essentially close of the trunk area, when the third row is not in-use.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I can confirm my cooler:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Iceless-26-Qt-Cooler/24413778

fits between the captain chairs. It's a very tight fit, pushes the cushions a little bit but you can still slide the captain chairs forward (with some extra effort of course).
I actually like the fact it doesn't rattle at all, and doesn't tilt with the step on the floor thanks to the tight fit.
I didn't go and measure but online it says it's 13.5in wide. Looks about right.

For this vehicle is a great fit (pun intended, then apologies for the bad pun).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.